PDA

View Full Version : SEQ goes LD

Brezer
03-13-2002, 02:33 PM
This is the second night I have been running SEQ, first night was great no problems. Lastnight I kept haveing trouble with SEQ going LD on me. All is good then all the sudden the seq map screen goes black and the rest clear, I have to log to be able to get it going again. At first I thought it was the screen saver but i turned it off and I still had this effect, was frustrating when I was pulling and bam it goes dead and I play a character with no track :P. I searched earlier today and wasnt able to find anything that was of help, any help would be apperciated. At the initial install all was great no problems at all.

Cryonic
03-13-2002, 03:39 PM
What do you mean by goes black, you mean the screen turns off? If so, then just do xset s off before you start SEQ.

Brezer
03-13-2002, 04:15 PM
It all looks great the all teh sudden the map screen goes blank and all the stat figures clear, no char info or npc info, just like i wasnt connected. I have tried to reopen seq thinking htat woudl work but it wont get any info or display map till I log. Alos I have tried netscape after it goes blank thinking that my connection was down, but netscape pulled up allt he pages i went to

S_B_R
03-13-2002, 06:19 PM
Sounds like you IP address is changing, are you using DHCP?

high_jeeves
03-13-2002, 06:30 PM
If his IP changed, EQ would drop as well. Do you play more than one EQ client on the same network (or the same box)? ShowEQ is getting some packet to reset it, even if you log off, it wont clear... so it thinks it is getting reset. Does the packet counter (the little number in the lower right) keep going up? Can you log out of EQ, log back in, and have it start working WITHOUT restarting ShowEQ?

Brezer: Slow down when you type, your posts are really hard to read.

--Jeeves

Brezer
03-13-2002, 06:48 PM
I have a xp box connected to a hub and the linux box connected to same hub, and yes i can l;og out and log in without resetting seq and it picks everything up fine and Iam only running one sessioin of eq

S_B_R
03-14-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by high_jeeves
If his IP changed, EQ would drop as well. Do you play more than one EQ client on the same network (or the same box)? ShowEQ is getting some packet to reset it, even if you log off, it wont clear... so it thinks it is getting reset. Does the packet counter (the little number in the lower right) keep going up? Can you log out of EQ, log back in, and have it start working WITHOUT restarting ShowEQ?

Brezer: Slow down when you type, your posts are really hard to read.

--Jeeves

I guess I misunderstood his problem I thought he was going LD along with SEQ.. :D /bonk me

Brezer
03-14-2002, 09:10 AM
An example seq looks just like it would if you started seq with no EQ running on the other machine, and it happens while Iam playing eq, if that helps any

l0s3r
03-14-2002, 10:46 AM
is it happening when you zone? or have you been in the zone for a while and it just goes "ld"?

I noticed last night in kedge that it would take 5 to 6 times longer to decode (appeared the same as what you described). had 2 characters zoning in after me every time, but would still just sit and grind for 5 to 10 min before it shows anything. Every other zone was in the 45 second to 1.5 min decode time range.

Mr Guy
03-14-2002, 02:21 PM
Are you by any chance in a dorm?

high_jeeves
03-14-2002, 02:56 PM
I was just thinking the same thing Mr. Guy... I wonder if there is another session running somewhere on his network... but then I realized that ShowEQ wont just hop to another IP addr (I know, I run 2 accounts at once of 2 machines on the same network... showeq stays on the original one).

--Jeeves

Brezer
03-14-2002, 03:49 PM
No dorm here, Iam on at home. It goes dead while iam in a zone. I was pulling the other night and it dropped on me.