PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps.. other games?

godofmischief1
03-13-2002, 04:24 PM
I was just curious as to the fact if ShowEQ could be developed to tailor to other games such as Counter-Strike perhaps?

Me and my coding friend discussed the possibility that maybe perhaps a similar method of coding could be developed for other games like CS.

Hmm.. Just a thought...

fgay trader
03-13-2002, 05:04 PM
Oh yes, that's exactly what CS needs - more cheaters.

Seriously though, the reason I uninstalled that game is because playing on public servers was impossible because of all the l33t dewdz with aimbot and wallhack cheating programs.

Besides, with such fast pace of that game what good will this do? You'll barely have a chance to glance at SEQ er.. SCS before youhave a bullet between your eyes.

godofmischief1
03-13-2002, 07:23 PM
I was more along the lines of using the same method as ShowEQ (but of course less work because EQ has so many more options..) but it could be there as an overhead to show you where everyone is, and it would definately be undetectable regardless of their encryption and anti-cheat methods.

It's similar to watching HLTV matches, but when you're in a match you could use overhead view to know where people are etc..

I'm a really big anti-cheater actually, never hacked; just love the challenge of making something like that :p

Zaphod
03-14-2002, 10:26 AM
Numerous modules in ShowEQ could be used for other Show{} style programs, including:

mapcore.{cpp,h}
filter.{cpp,h}
filtermgr.{cpp,h}
cgiconf.{cpp,h}
{gdbm, db3}conv.{cpp,h}
dbcommon.h
vpacket.{cpp, h}
fixpt.h
point.h
preferences.{cpp, h}
util.{cpp, h}, crctab.h - the CRC routines

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Pigeon
03-15-2002, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by fgay trader
Oh yes, that's exactly what CS needs - more cheaters.

LMAO!

But yeah, SEQ could be modified to be used for CS, or any other multiplayer game for that matter- but you'd probably be better off just starting over from scratch then trying to port it.

I also think having a SCS type program for any FPS would be a Bad Thing. (tm) Once the cat's out of the bag things will NEVER be the same for any FPS.

I also think a SEQ for multiplayer games like CS or Q3 would be morally wrong- I justify cheating in EQ by saying it's me against a computer, whereras in CS it's me against my peers and in some cases my friends. I wouldn't use SEQ on PvP servers for instance... I consider there to be a difference- most of my RL friends who don't play EQ don't.