PDA

View Full Version : What to do with opcode update

skynyrd
05-23-2013, 08:09 PM
I have looked around a bit and am an old seq user from forever ago. I can't remember what to do to update the opcodes. I saw ShortBuss posted an update but how do you use it? do I have to recompile?

Thanks in advance

BlueAdept
05-25-2013, 04:06 PM
You will need to edit the file /(your showeq home)/showeq/conf/zoneopcodes.xml. You will need to recompile afer.

skynyrd
05-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Got it! I appreciate the reply. Wait I should mention or ask is that info available anywhere because I looked and didn't find it? If it isn't it should be like in a sticky somewhere.

skynyrd
05-29-2013, 11:41 PM
You will need to edit the file /(your showeq home)/showeq/conf/zoneopcodes.xml. You will need to recompile afer.

So I did the update from the diff posted. Everything compiles fine and I get showeq to come up but I can't seem to track any sessions. It just sits there blank like before I did the diff stuff. I am on device eth0 with correct local ip to monitor. Any help would be appreciated. I want to get this going again =) I can provide whatever info.

Thanks

I figure anyone would need more info to help. I have the obvious stuff triple checked. I have EQ machine and Linux machine plugged in to hub (its a hub) and hub plugged in to router. Both have internet so I know that is good. I am using Ibuntu 13.04. Like I say everything compiles fine and showeq comes up.

I saw some reference to the gcc compiler and it needing to be a certain version? Do I need to be using gcc-3 because mine is gcc-4.6

ShortBuss
05-30-2013, 12:12 PM
I doubt the compiler version makes any difference. I've compiled on many different variations of linux without issue. As long as it compiles and runs you should be fine.

Make sure you really can see the EQ packets. Fire up EQ and get it zoned in. Then in your linux box run the command:

tcpdump -i eth0 -N -vvv -X udp > check.txt

After a few seconds you can ctrl+c to terminate it. Then check the contents of check.txt. You should see packets going to/from eq servers. Search for text eqzone.

skynyrd
05-30-2013, 02:57 PM
I doubt the compiler version makes any difference. I've compiled on many different variations of linux without issue. As long as it compiles and runs you should be fine.

Make sure you really can see the EQ packets. Fire up EQ and get it zoned in. Then in your linux box run the command:

tcpdump -i eth0 -N -vvv -X udp > check.txt

After a few seconds you can ctrl+c to terminate it. Then check the contents of check.txt. You should see packets going to/from eq servers. Search for text eqzone.

I was wrong unfortunately my "hub" that I just bought off ebay that was branded a hub and everything I could find on this model suggested so is actually a switch according to http://wiki.wireshark.org/HubReference. I bought a Linksys EFAH05W v2 so I am totally hosed on this 1. So good news is showeq has probably compiled fine and is working. The bad news is I need a hub and I just wasted $20 on this pos switch. Thank you for taking the time to help and sorry for wasting your time.

I bought this hub off ebay now. Hopefully it will work. http://www.ebay.com/itm/DYNEX-DX-EHB4-DXEHB4-RJ-45-10-MBPS-Network-4-PORT-Ethernet-Hub-NEW-SEALED-/121118055907?pt=US_Network_Hubs&hash=item1c3332dde3

ShortBuss
05-31-2013, 09:25 AM
Hubs can be hard to find. Another route would be a virtual machine (VirtualBox or VMWare) running on the EQ system with linux installed on the virtual system. With both VirtualBox and VMWare you can configure the virtual network adapter to be able to sniff packets on the host (windows) machine.

BlueAdept
05-31-2013, 10:17 AM
Personally I just use 2 network connections and make the linux box the gateway.

I dont think there are any true hubs any more.

Inet ---- linux --- switch ---- pcs

skynyrd
05-31-2013, 12:22 PM
Personally I just use 2 network connections and make the linux box the gateway.

I dont think there are any true hubs any more.

Inet ---- linux --- switch ---- pcs

Yea I knew this was an option but I don't have an extra PC to dedicate to Linux atm for that. The machine I am using with Linux on it currently for ShowEQ is our laptop which gets used some away from home. If this cheap hub I just bought doesn't work I will go the VMWare route. I am using DD-Wrt on my router and was trying to figure out a way to get it done through that. I haven't really made any progress there but I am looking in to that also. Thanks for the suggestions.

skynyrd
06-03-2013, 09:43 PM
So Hub (http://www.ebay.com/itm/DYNEX-DX-EHB4-DXEHB4-RJ-45-10-MBPS-Network-4-PORT-Ethernet-Hub-NEW-SEALED-/121118055907?pt=US_Network_Hubs&hash=item1c3332dde3) I bought off Ebay turned out to be good looks like. I am able to see EQ packets going both ways. Showeq however isn't picking anything up so I am going to start fresh tonight and re-apply changes. I hope it works!

BlueAdept
06-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Are you sure you set SEQ to the correct interface? Even without the opcodes you should see something

skynyrd
06-04-2013, 04:55 PM
I just re-did all patch changes and compiled. It look like it is working. I see dots! I am working on maps now.

Nice used the mapconvert script on the maps and everything is rolling! Thanks for the helps.

Are there updated filters I can get anywhere?

BlueAdept
06-05-2013, 12:19 PM
The one in my sig is the latest that I have. Since I havent been hard core in EQ for about 5 or 6 years (and even then was behind) I never kept up with the filters.