PDA

View Full Version : No skittles

Yalen
04-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Hi,

Installed ShowEQ on Ubuntu 10.04 running as a VM under Hyper-V in Windows 8.1.
I input the IP address of my EQ client under Network (which is the Hyper-V host). I can ping the host from the VM, but I get no skittles and it doesn't appear that ShowEQ recognizes that an EQ client exists. No map is loaded either upon zoning.

Is running a VM with ShowEQ under Hyper-V supported? I ran ShowEQ years ago using hub and this worked well.

I'm also playing on project1999 at the moment, which might not work (?) - I still thought I should see something.

Thx

Yalen
04-11-2014, 12:20 AM
Well, near as I can figure, showEQ isn't able to sniff packets with this configuration. I've been trying to bridge the physical and virtual adapters but I keep getting an error. I was able to install a new adapter driver that seemed to fix the issue, but alas it still won't allow me to create the bridge. I might have to just use a second physical box.

Spanners
04-12-2014, 01:52 PM
I think currently SEQ is borked since the powar patch, unfortunatly there seems to be a shortage of properly clever people who can make it work.

BlueAdept
04-15-2014, 06:23 AM
Is SEQ borked? If so, lets get a thread going in development to see if things can be figured out.

fransick
04-15-2014, 08:25 PM
Is SEQ borked? If so, lets get a thread going in development to see if things can be figured out.

I should have something uploaded tomorrow...

BlueAdept
04-16-2014, 06:45 AM
Thanks fransick. Hopefully they dont bork it more with todays patch.

Hidron
04-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Luckily it was listed as maintenance, which is generally just server side stuff.