PDA

View Full Version : problems with PCMCIA nic card

iamaretard
03-15-2002, 08:31 PM
This may not be the appropriate forum for this question, but I am hoping that someone here can help.

just loaded RH 7.2 this afternoon on an old notebook I have. I had been previously using RH 7.1 on this machine and have had no problems.
The NIC I have been using is a PoS compex pc card - seems like it will not work at all in 7.2. I happen to have a 3com megahertz pc card laying around that I decided to try - it worked fine for a few minutes (long enough to d/l the qt rpms) and then just.. well... stopped. keep in mind the compex worked flawlessly in RH7.1 - I never had a reason to try the 3com prior to loading 7.2
I have had some success in removing and re-inserting the (3com)card, but it is sporadic at best, only working momentarily, if at all.
I am sure that my complete lack of knowledge of linux is contributing to the problem.. I am hoping that someone will have some ideas to help me out...
I saw another post suggesting that a netgear pcmcia nic should be compatible, but Id prefer a solution that doesnt involve spending any money. seems like if the card worked in 7.1 there should be a solution for 7.2...