ummm:confused:

-Danke

BlueAdept
03-16-2002, 08:13 AM
Let me guess....

Your trying to use wincvs...

high_jeeves
03-16-2002, 02:20 PM
Because the error message says /root/.cvspass, I doubt it was wincvs. More than likely he either

A) isnt logged in to cvs (do a login before you do a co).
B) is trying to update from a different account than he originally checked out.
C) Somehome permissions are messed up on his .cvspass file.

--Jeeves

jbjam
03-16-2002, 03:18 PM
Umm running slackware.... is there an issue with your cvs server or is that on my side? I loggin first w/ anonymous and I get that error after I press enter w/ no password (what the docs say).. There is not el password right? besides thats not a bad password error..

high_jeeves
03-16-2002, 03:41 PM
There is no problem with the CVS server. Give us more information about what you are doing? A checkout? An update? What user or you in a shell as (not on the CVS server, on your own machine)?

--Jeeves

jbjam
03-16-2002, 03:44 PM
trying to do a checkout....im logged in as root
Is there a site I can just get a tar ball of seq? (No flames now)
your docs provide links to a down ftp site.

I am not familiar with CVS servers ill be the first to admit it and there not something one can sit down and learn in a second.

jbjam
03-16-2002, 04:09 PM
Well after scowering your threads.. apparently there is no "" official tarball althou I did see a few rouge ones w/ links that were down... If anyone has made one be so kind for a link,, if not just ignor my thread no reason to get upset... And ill have to go thru the cvs site and figure whats wrong w/ ma cvs setup(*busts out lunch and dinner *) heheh

S_B_R
03-16-2002, 10:12 PM
You know it's kinda funny. Dozens and dozens of people that have never used Linux or CVS before have accomplished a CVS checkout, given the instruction from this site...

:D

jbjam
03-17-2002, 03:25 AM
I got it to work... had soem permission problems on my machine *smacks self* hehe, just finished resetting up my linux box lost my old HD.. wonder why they program showeq w/ emphasis in rh... rh tis el devel eh;)

BlueAdept
03-17-2002, 08:49 AM
Wasnt trying to flame you. Just my friend tried to use wincvs and it was giving him that error also. I dont know how he fixed it, but he did and he got the files but they didnt work when he ftped them to his linux box.

I told him to open up his firewall to the linux box and do it right. He did and it worked fine :)

high_jeeves
03-17-2002, 09:07 AM
If you are interested in learning cvs, go look at www.cvshome.com

Last year, we were able to teach a team of 20 engineers to use it in about an hour at my company, it is really exceptionally easy... there are about 3 commands you every really use unless you are administering the server or doing fancy stuff.

--Jeeves