PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I need a bit of help please! My character selection is blank

JPH
08-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Hello, first of all I have played EQ off and on since release and SEQ is a godsend and I love it and praise those of you that made it and keep it running. Thanks so much!

OK so I just came back to EQ and installed SEQ again and it seems to be kinda working. It knows what one I am in when I zone back and forth, but I can't select my character for it to follow. When I go to file and then character selection it is blank.

I also updated the primary offsets that I found here, but I am supposed to update the secondary ones? I could not find a post with those listed.

I did find the eq.exe for the server. I thought that would fix it, but it did not. So any help would be appreciated! TYVM in advance!

I am thinking it might have something to do with the exe file. I can only get it to work with eqgame, but eq will only launch using Launchpad. I tried selecting LP with the server, but it won't let me write the new offsets to ini when I do that.

BlueAdept
08-27-2014, 01:45 PM
To launch EQ, make a shortcut for eqgame.exe and then in the path of the shortcut add "patchme" without the quotes to the end of the line (should look something like c:\everquest\eqgame.exe patchme)

I have not used MySEQ for many years so I am not sure what else would be required.

Hidron
08-27-2014, 03:16 PM
OK so I just came back to EQ and installed SEQ again and it seems to be kinda working. It knows what one I am in when I zone back and forth, but I can't select my character for it to follow. When I go to file and then character selection it is blank.

If you only have 1 instance of EQ running on the machine MySEQ's server is running on, it should be automatically tracking from your character. It would be strange for that to be blank though.

I also updated the primary offsets that I found here, but I am supposed to update the secondary ones? I could not find a post with those listed.

The updated offsets that get posted here almost always include all the offsets. This includes the primary(memory), secondary(spawn info) & ground item offsets.

I did find the eq.exe for the server. I thought that would fix it, but it did not. So any help would be appreciated! TYVM in advance!

I am thinking it might have something to do with the exe file. I can only get it to work with eqgame, but eq will only launch using Launchpad. I tried selecting LP with the server, but it won't let me write the new offsets to ini when I do that.

Yes, Everquest's shortcut will be pointing to Launchpad as that is their current game launcher. MySEQ still uses the main game file (eqgame.exe) though.

What version of MySEQ are you using? The last few have a very easy to use GUI for the server to help with scanning/editing the offsets, although the scanning part needs some help especially where the secondary offsets are concerned.