PDA

View Full Version : March 16 build of ShowEQ

JoeBloe
03-17-2002, 07:58 AM
Is anyone else getting an error with the March 16/17 CVS?

I am getting an undefined reference to a function in interface.cpp.

If no one else is getting it, I'll get to work trying to figure out what I have done wrong.

Zaphod
03-17-2002, 10:16 AM
Make sure that you have rerun the 'make -f Makefile.dist' whenever you do a cvs update so that any makefile changes get propagated.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

JoeBloe
03-17-2002, 02:09 PM
Thanks. I got into the habit of just doing a make and make install with each update.

fryfrog
03-17-2002, 04:20 PM
seems to me like the new recover from stability problems feature might have cause some instability. i went from basically last cvs release until today w/o a single crash. playing mp3s and using 2 or 3 seq sessions... but after latest compile... showeq has been dying, X has been restarting... and once or twice the box just fully locked up.

i spose it could be me (as its always possible the computer just deciced to start sucking) but it was pretty cooincidential(sp). anyone else having any probs with it running?

i do make distclean, make -f Makefile.dist, ./configure, make and make install each time. as well as setting env variables :) (all done by a script the same way for the past... long time)

Zaphod
03-17-2002, 07:35 PM
If you are running two or three sessions make sure that the showeq.conf.dist files have the BaseFilename set differently in their [SaveState] sections. See if that works, or disabling the save state stuff by setting DecodeKey, PlayerState, and Spawns to 0. Also, make sure you are not restoring from a showeq session from the wrong showeq instance.

Just some ideas...

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

fryfrog
03-18-2002, 01:03 AM
thanks, i will try those. i haven't yet merged the new showeq.conf.dist file so that is most likely the problem :)

zero
03-18-2002, 10:08 AM
I seem to be having a similar problem.

During the compile, shortly after the maps are 'made', I get an error compiling a random .cpp file. Make stops at that point.

I've always used SEQ until a few months ago, when I quit EQ. I came back recently and am trying to get the new version running.

The only difference I can think is that I am running RH 7.1, but I have updated everything I can think of that would hold me back (QT, gcc3, libc, etc..)

The compile process is fine until shortly after the maps. and the .cpp that failes to compile is random so I can't determine exactly what teh problem is just yet. I'll try to get the exact error message if no one has any ideas; I'm at work right now and don't have access to my linux box.

Thanks in advance.