PDA

View Full Version : Odd questions .. myseq client works on one machine not another

Nstalkerga
02-06-2015, 12:34 PM
ok I have bit of an odd issue.

2 machines running eq we will call those S1 and S2.
2 laptops running the client called W1 and W2.
S1 and W1 are paired .. S2 and W2 are paired.

First off this has been working just fine forever :)
This is a recent issue .. no updates (not even the offset).
And i cant seem to find anything in the client side options selections that are any different in W1 and 2.

OK pair 2 works fine.
pair 1 .. the client will connect to the server and shows ONLY the players on that machine, map location is correct.

But it will not show anything else .. test is as follows:
S1 to W1 = fails
S2 to W2 = works
S1 and S2 to W2 works
S1 and S2 to W1 both fail the same way.

seems to be related to the workstation client right? Well so far i have tried the following:
1. Removing all files in the myseq dir and using clean binarys. = same failure, noticed the char and server were still there however

2. same as #1 and removed the config files under the "user/appdir/myseq". this resulted in the config being wipe as well .. but same problem after resetting the server option.

3. same as #2 but instead of clean binarys .. I copied the entire myseq folder structure across from working W2... = same problem.

Im at a bit of a loss as to where else it might hold something that causes an issue like this .. if it didn't work at all it would be a bit different . .but it pulling the player name, level, and location updates just fine with movement. Not to mention it works fine with other clients (so dont think its offsets or anything server side).

Before i just wipe the client workstation and reinstall it all .. any place else you can think to look or check?
*****Man a quick update .. and im really confused... I wiped and reinstalled the client OS ..and its still doing the exact same thing on client side...****

eqmule
02-07-2015, 02:50 PM
its a known bug I have a fix for it but haven't had time to upload it yet.

Nstalkerga
02-08-2015, 08:51 AM
Ok good to hear im not going completely nutz :)

eqmule
02-08-2015, 08:59 AM
I feel I should add a little more info, a wipe of the OS wont help cause it's a spawn buffer that has too "much" data in it which overflows the map anyway and it won't show anything but you... I'll try to make a new zip available today.

eqmule
02-08-2015, 05:17 PM
new zip uploaded here http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?6926-NEWS-MySEQ-Open-2-4-1-0-Released-(lvl-105-support) please update and let me know if it fixed your problem.