PDA

View Full Version : Easily Working Distro for ShowEQ?

ascensi0n
12-08-2015, 02:17 AM
Greetings all,

I'm attempting to compile the SVN trunk of ShowEQ and am having some difficulty unfortunately.

I tried it on CentOS v6 x64 Minimal and Ubuntu v14.04.3 LTS but I was running into the same issue some others here faced with the QT Devel install not being recognized. My targeted deployment platform is VMWare Workstation 10, if that matters.

I recall reading that CentOS "worked out of the box" at one point, however it doesn't appear to be now (or I may be retarded and am doing something incorrectly).

Does anyone know a distro that will get SEQ compiled and running with minimal effort? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. Cheers!

BlueAdept
12-08-2015, 04:54 PM
I am about 95% sure it does work on CentOS 6. It may not work on CentOs 7. I havent tried. I would use a "desktop" or a full install and then add QT if necessary.

BlueAdept
12-08-2015, 04:56 PM
I do remember that you have to go through several extra steps to get it to work in VMWare environment.

Does it compile? What is the error?

Buddyjesus
12-09-2015, 07:43 PM
I am running CentOS 6.6 in VirtualBox no problems.

Though tonight's patch seems to have broken it again.

Sigur
12-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Works for me on CentOS 6, but i'm running on separate machine with a hub. I can't remember if i had to update a few packages but i think it was pretty minor.
Worked out of the box on Redhat 9 like 10 years ago, but had issues getting that old distro to install on a modern machine. Had all kinds of problems with Ubuntu recently.

sammie
12-09-2015, 11:07 PM
I think if you do a centos 6 complete or software developer install, all you have to do is install libpcap-devel and it should compile.

sirsteve
12-10-2015, 04:02 AM
I used Centos6 livedvd and had to install libpcap-devel , qt-developer , subversion and I think something else trivial.

sirsteve
12-10-2015, 04:05 AM
I used Centos6 livedvd and had to install libpcap-devel , qt3-developer , subversion , gcc-c++ and I think something else trivial.

flopz
12-12-2015, 11:43 AM
Arch required some adjustment. IIRC, had to install qt3 from AUR and manually change two symlinks in /usr/bin. Wasn't too bad to do, but the troubleshooting was a nightmare.