PDA

View Full Version : Not loading maps and Info

Beerghut
03-18-2002, 05:20 PM
I am totally baffled on this one. when I start ShowEQ all seems fine untill I log in. No maps load or info. Seems like it is not sniffing the packets. I am running RH 7.2 with a libEQ.a I know works(buddy has no probs with it). Here is my setup. cable modem to WAN port in linksys router----- both computers into router ports 1 and 2. I have also tried this configuration. cable modem----->router------>hub and both puters into linksys hub(still no go). and also this. modem -----> router----->hub, main EQ puter into hub and SEQ box into router. None of these worked. Anyone have any ideas whats up? I am new to linux and could use some help. Thanks :)

high_jeeves
03-18-2002, 05:56 PM
Yes, many people have ideas... mostly because they used the search button (Since this question is asked in about half of the threads on this board). Your linksys hub is probably a switch.. you arent seeing traffic, many solutions have been proposed. I'll leave it as an excercise to the reader to find one that works for him (hint... reading is a good thing).

--Jeeves

Beerghut
03-19-2002, 06:51 PM
Well for future information it was my POS linksys 5 port hub. Sure enough I threw a netgear hub on and BINGO, problem solved.