PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ in a VM

DigitalMocking
07-11-2016, 12:11 PM
Having an issue and I'm not sure what the problem is, hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I've set up a VM to run SEQ in using oracle's VirtualBox. Network adapter is in bridged mode, I can see EQ traffic (verified with wireshark)
Centos 7 using KDE, installed the following packages: svn libtool gcc-c+ qt qt-demos qt3-devel libpcap-devel
grabbed showeq-05.13.10.38.tar.bz from sourceforge, untarred, ran make -f Makefile.dist build && ./configure && make && make install, everything built fine. (installed maps as well)
Launch showeq with the following command line: showeq -i enp0s3 --ip-address=192.168.1.6
program launches, when I zone in EQ I see the following on the command line:

Info: EQPacket: SessionDisconnect detected, awaiting next zone session, pcap filter EQ Client 192.168.1.6

Did I miss something simple?

BlueAdept
07-11-2016, 01:49 PM
I havent played in a long time and dont have my linux box anymore. I used Vbox on my laptop in bridged mode but I used Centos 6.8. Things changed a bit in 7, I do not know if any special needs to be done. For my testing I downloaded from the svn v.37 applied Newby's patch and reuploaded as .38. I compiled it and I just ran /usr/local/bin/showeq and set SEQ to monitor eth0 without an ip listed. I loaded EQ and created a free toon. It worked when I tested.

I will test the tarball tonight to make sure I did not screw anything up. It is possible that I didn't do things correctly. It has been several years since I made a tarball and never did it while making the update for the svn.

DigitalMocking
07-11-2016, 01:52 PM
I havent played in a long time and dont have my linux box anymore. I used Vbox on my laptop in bridged mode but I used Centos 6.8. Things changed a bit in 7, I do not know if any special needs to be done. For my testing I downloaded from the svn v.37 applied Newby's patch and reuploaded as .38. I compiled it and I just ran /usr/local/bin/showeq and set SEQ to monitor eth0 without an ip listed. I loaded EQ and created a free toon. It worked when I tested.

I will test the tarball tonight to make sure I did not screw anything up. It is possible that I didn't do things correctly. It has been several years since I made a tarball and never did it while making the update for the svn.

I'll try an SVN pull and report back then.

DigitalMocking
07-11-2016, 03:07 PM
SVN checkout worked perfectly, so there's possibly something wrong with the tarball.

edit: and oh GOD the nostalgia of seeing ShowEQ running for the first time in 11 years :)

BlueAdept
07-11-2016, 04:24 PM
I re-uploaded the tarball. I tested this one before I uploaded. Dont know what was wrong with the old.

Oh...and I think I am still retired from EQ. I played EQ for the first time in 7 years a little while ago. Luckily when they offered the 85 upgrade I had logged in to do that, but since then I haven't touched it. I played for a day, but think I am going to remain retired.

It is good seeing the skittles again.

DigitalMocking
07-11-2016, 05:22 PM
I re-uploaded the tarball. I tested this one before I uploaded. Dont know what was wrong with the old.

Oh...and I think I am still retired from EQ. I played EQ for the first time in 7 years a little while ago. Luckily when they offered the 85 upgrade I had logged in to do that, but since then I haven't touched it. I played for a day, but think I am going to remain retired.

It is good seeing the skittles again.

The TLP no botting server got me back. Damn you Daybreak.