PDA

View Full Version : Did SEQ break with the new patch?

Rootuser
03-19-2002, 06:47 PM
SEQ seems to have broken with the new patch today, although it looks like an offset problem it would seem. Did it break for anyone else or is it just me? :)

I am not sure how to fix it exactly, but I am going to start messing with it now. If anyone finds the fix, please post it here and let us all know and maybe Ratt can update the CVS tree if needed.

Also, there was a specific point by Verant that players would not longer "Broadcast" their location when they weren't moving.

I think there will still need some information sent when you zone in but I think the updates won't happen unless a player is moving. We'll have to see how that plays out.

Rootuser

RavenCT
03-19-2002, 07:18 PM
I thought it was that players wouldn't broadcast when they sit down...

It looks to me like all the vendors aren't showing up either... Maybe tjhat infor is also being send upon zone...

guice
03-19-2002, 07:54 PM
Here's what I see, right now, in the Nexus.

When a player sites, they appear as if they are runing 100x than a bard in south/southwest direction.

And getting hundereds of:
WARNING: WearChangeCode (9220) (dataLen:14 != sizeof(wearChangeStruct):18)!

Seems to happen right when they site and SEQ looses the broadcast information on them.

Sneaky
03-19-2002, 08:47 PM
Nearly impossible to track a PC with a ranger or druid now too...they aren't anywhere near where tracking puts them....

gimpy
03-19-2002, 09:24 PM
I'm having the same problem, I assume if Ranger/Druid/Bard tracking is all screwed up verant will do something on they're side. Any ideas anyone??

Brezer
03-20-2002, 12:20 AM
Getting alott of characters running acroos the screen and leaving a trail behind them.

Zaphod
03-20-2002, 01:26 AM
Brezer, read the "ShowEQ Announcements forum" and do a cvs update . ; make -f Makefile.dist; ./configure ; make; make install

That's already been fixed, as of about just prior to midnight EST 3/19/2002.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

fuqjak
03-20-2002, 11:04 AM
I must commend you Zaphod on your quick and speedy patches to ShowEQ. You are a scholar and a gentleman among men.

I hope you know how much you are appreciated by all the lurkers out there who don't ususally get involved in the day to day discussions about ShowEQ.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Fuqjak

Rootuser
03-20-2002, 05:19 PM
I spent a long time trying to fix the problem and got it half ass working only to have Zaphod fix it entirely!!!! Way to go Zaphod and thanks so much. I have learned a lot from your way of doing things, and I appreciate the absolute commitment to this project.

Sincerely,

Rootuser

Keeping Open Source, well... OPEN.