viisual
04-09-2018, 06:31 PM
Lets use the example of:

<oldfilter><regex>Name:a lion</regex></oldfilter>

This filter will pick up on:

a lion
a lioness

But I don't want to filter a lioness.

I've searched and tried a handful of filters, all failing.

What am I missing for something so seemingly simple.

BlueAdept
04-10-2018, 09:18 AM
Maybe someone else can help. I haven't messed with filters in over 10 years and suffer from CRS (cant remember shit). This is for ShowEQ and not MySEQ correct?

viisual
04-11-2018, 09:09 AM
Maybe someone else can help. I haven't messed with filters in over 10 years and suffer from CRS (cant remember shit). This is for ShowEQ and not MySEQ correct?

Yea this is for MySEQ, I wasn't aware of the differences or if ShowEQ would handle filters differently.

(what am I missing using MySEQ vs ShowEQ?)

BlueAdept
04-11-2018, 01:34 PM
MySEQ is a windows program that is similar to the Linux ShowEQ. They display similar things but are different OSes.

viisual
04-11-2018, 03:36 PM
Thanks for responding BlueAdept.

Is there a debug option I can enable, or are the strings I'm matching against logged out somewhere locally by default in MySEQ?

I should be able to determine what kind of regex to use for an exact match, but I'm uncertain which file/log would show me the source strings I am matching against (where the difficulty arises blindly trying to regex).

BlueAdept
04-11-2018, 05:45 PM
I honestly have never used MySEQ. I am definitely the wrong person to ask. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

EQPlayer
04-14-2018, 08:37 AM
visual (http://www.showeq.net/forums/member.php?16786-viisual)

In MYSQ there's a box at the top of the client that allows you to type in the name of a mob and if there's a mob in the zone of that name it will place a green circle around each mob with that exact name so you don't have to filter out each mob separate.