PDA

View Full Version : I have tried all sites Including libEQ.a README

lile
03-20-2002, 02:34 PM
Either they have the wrong one dont have the full file or it times out during download ......Can someone plz help me ......Is there any other options for me?:confused: :confused: :D

high_jeeves
03-20-2002, 04:32 PM
are you sure you checked out the showEQ module and not the linux module? I just tested one of the sites in README.libEQ and got the file OK..

--Jeeves

S_B_R
03-21-2002, 12:36 AM
Someone posted this the other day and I checked ALL the sites listed in README.libEQ and they ALL worked. My guess is that these people don't understand how to use FTP...

lile
03-21-2002, 09:40 AM
I`m following guide all it says is to type wget then ftp site ......And it acts like its working but then times out .....If I`m doing something wrong ...Plz let me know....Thx lile:D

a_corpse00
03-21-2002, 10:46 AM
http://home.rochester.rr.com/zapem/eq/libEQ.a should be the most recent....

high_jeeves
03-21-2002, 12:42 PM
Make sure you check the md5sum if you are going to download a libEQ.a from any source other than the recommend ones.

a_corpse00: The other sites work fine, I would recommend not posting new ones that arent approved, it just causes confusion.

--Jeeves

lile
03-21-2002, 01:22 PM
I finally got it from one of the recommended sites in the readme ....For some reason my linux computer would time out from sites ....And windows would download ....So I just burned the file and transfered to linux .....Sorry for wasting your guys time ....Thx for help lile:)

Didnt want to make make another post......Whats the command to save or copy my error messages and lines to a file so that I could post them for help ....Thx again

S_B_R
03-21-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by lile
I finally got it from one of the recommended sites in the readme ....For some reason my linux computer would time out from sites ....And windows would download ....So I just burned the file and transfered to linux .....Sorry for wasting your guys time ....Thx for help lile:)

"So I just burned the file" lol.... the file is only 6k... lol :rolleyes:

Oh and this is just a guess, but I'll bet you don't have your DNS servers configured on your linux box. That's why it times out.. look in /etc/resolv.conf