PDA

View Full Version : How to take MySEQ offsets and incorporate them into SEQ?

MSBoy1
11-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Howdy Y'all,

I have been running MySEQ on live for awhile, but I want to switch back to SEQ for some emulator servers. I have SEQ running on my Raspberri Pi 3B+ now, and I would like to update the offsets to be for the RoF2 client. I see the offsets are posted for MySEQ in the thread listed below. How do I take offsets from MySEQ and incorporate them into SEQ?

http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?7092-EQ-1999-Client-ROF2-Offsets-possible&p=49101

Thanks for your time.

BlueAdept
11-11-2018, 12:06 PM
MySEQ and SEQ are two different animals. One pulls from the client's memory, the other from packets sent from the eq server. I wish it was as easy as you had hoped, but it is not.

This is why MySEQ is detectable and SEQ is not detectable. SEQ is completely passive and just deciphers what is in the packet stream while MySEQ can be detected because of it accessing the client memory locations.

MSBoy1
11-11-2018, 04:01 PM
That makes since. Thanks for the reply BA. Now to figure out how to get SEQ working for RoF2 client. :)

BlueAdept
11-12-2018, 10:47 AM
You have to find out what expansion and what patch level they are at and then download the version of SEQ that corresponds to that date. As long as they have not made too many changes, you should be able to adapt that client to the patch level. People have tried with P99 but have only had very limited success.