PDA

View Full Version : Session Tracking Problems

Cryonic
03-21-2002, 03:08 AM
I'm having a very annoying problem with EQ and it seems to be causing problems with SEQ.

Setup:

EQ Machine
Win98SE
Athlon 650
256MB RAM
Matrox Millenium G200 16MB AGP

SEQ Machine
RH7.2
kernel 2.4.18
SEQ 4.0 (latest as of today)

The problem, EQ since the release of Luclin has been giving me nothing but trouble and I don't even have the Luclin expansion. I find myself crashing to the desktop about once an hour (or more). During loading (between server selection and character selection) it craps out about 9 times out of 10. When it craps out while I'm playing, about half the time Session Tracking gets turned on, even though I had it off before crashing to my desktop on the Win98se EQ machine. I only play one account/one character on my system, so this feature is very annoying because it gets turned on right as I select my character and zone back into the game, which keeps SEQ from getting the zone and decoding it. Is there a way to keep SEQ from turning Session Tracking on at all?

Cryonic
03-21-2002, 04:27 PM
Just double checked for a previous post on this, but the closest I see is the announcement by Fee saying it was now in the code and that there is a conf option to turn it on/off. Checked the latest showeq.conf.dist and don't see the option in there. Is there an option to keep this feature turned off completely or not?

fee
03-21-2002, 08:55 PM
in your showeq.conf file add the following under the [Network] heading, "SessionTracking 0" (without the quotes of course)

I am adding this to the dist also.

fee

Cryonic
03-21-2002, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the info Fee.