PDA

View Full Version : Latest expansions maps

Loki
04-25-2019, 09:04 PM
Hello,

First I would like to give a big thank you to Newby and BlueAdept for keeping this ShowEQ alive.

I just got ShowEQ working on Debian 9.8. All mobs and everything are showing up no problem. I have the maps converted by mapconvert script by Razzle. Guild Lobby looks fine with the border lines. But the zones like Frontier Mountains or Over There Two aren't showing up with the lines but there are words from the map files showing up. Is there anything I can do to make the lines to show up?

Thank you.

BlueAdept
04-26-2019, 01:56 PM
I think you need to merge the layer 1 and layer 2 and not use the layer 3. Then convert. It has been 10 years since I have done it, so take my words with a grain of salt.

Loki
04-26-2019, 02:47 PM
I think you need to merge the layer 1 and layer 2 and not use the layer 3. Then convert. It has been 10 years since I have done it, so take my words with a grain of salt.

Oh yeah... I remember something like that a long time ago. My memory sucks. Thank you. I'll give it a shot tonight.

Loki
04-26-2019, 04:47 PM

Got it! Thank you for that info. Here's what I did for Frontier Mountain - in case if anyone else have this issue.

copy frontiermtn* to a new directory.

cat frontiermtnsb.txt >> frontiermtnsb_1.txt
cat frontiermntsb_2.txt >> frontiermntsb_1.txt
cat frontiermntsb_3.txt >> frontiermntsb_1.txt

Delete the frontiermtnsb.txt, frontiermtnsb_2 and frontiermtnsb_3.txt files then run ./mapconvert. Looks perfect.

Guess I got some work cut out for me on other zones.

Thanks

BlueAdept
04-26-2019, 06:49 PM
I had written a script to do it. I used a for loop. I would post it but dont have it any more. That was about 3 linux boxes ago.

Loki
04-26-2019, 07:20 PM
I actually just created a rough dirty script to merge all zones. I'll post it here once I tested it. I am currently doing ./mapconvert now.

BlueAdept
04-27-2019, 06:06 AM
Would you happen to be able post the mapconvert? I cant seem to locate it. Either that or post the link where you got it.

Thanks for the merge script. That is a little more elegant than mine was.

Loki
04-27-2019, 09:18 AM
I used this http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?6098-SOE-or-Mapfiend-to-SEQ-map-conversion-script to convert after I ran the merge script. Took a lot longer than it did when I ran mapconvert on original unmerged map files.

I was just at new Chardock (EoK expansion) map showed perfectly there.

Also Palatial Guild Hall map would not load because showeq called for guildhalllrg_int.map. There isn't any map files but there is guildhalllrg.map and I "cp guildhalllrg.map guildhalllrg_int.map" and it shows up fine. .... Not like you'd need a map for that zone :)

BlueAdept
04-29-2019, 11:37 AM
Cool thank you.

wolfy
05-16-2019, 03:57 AM
I've been trying to work with your scripts to convert gnomemtn and gnomemtn_1 to work with showeq but could use a little help

Any instructions?

Newby
05-16-2019, 07:54 AM
What does mapconvert do? I just cat the files together and showeq seems to read them fine.

I vaguely remember showeq's map format was different from everquest's (showeq predates everquest mapping). But I think showeq got updated to read everquest's maps natively at some point. I think it can handle both formats.

Newby
05-16-2019, 08:28 AM
From the changelog:

dohpaZ (12/7/03)
---------------------
+ Support for direct loading of SOE txt format map files.

I've been dropping everquest maps into my showeq maps directory for years and they just work.

wolfy
05-16-2019, 12:36 PM
From the changelog:

dohpaZ (12/7/03)
---------------------
+ Support for direct loading of SOE txt format map files.

I've been dropping everquest maps into my showeq maps directory for years and they just work.

Thanks for the info, - shows how long since I've played. Works perfect :)

BlueAdept
05-16-2019, 02:47 PM
I think it converts the maps to black background instead of white. Not sure. Been a long time since I have done it. Dont have a toon higher than 85 heroic.

Sky_Genie
07-07-2019, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the info, - shows how long since I've played. Works perfect :)

Hi all. Any chance of someone posting the maps please? I can't get mine to work ….

Thanks

wolfy
07-07-2019, 08:16 AM
Copy your everquest maps into the SEQ maps folder - should work, did for me

BlueAdept
07-09-2019, 08:09 PM
Not breaking any rules. Just a note that this is an untrusted site and who ever downloads should verify that the contents are what they say they are. The files, for all I know, may contain malicious software. End SEQ disclaimer.

Sky_Genie
07-10-2019, 05:40 PM
Not breaking any rules. Just a note that this is an untrusted site and who ever downloads should verify that the contents are what they say they are. The files, for all I know, may contain malicious software. End SEQ disclaimer.

Thanks all.