PDA

View Full Version : Install on Manndrake 8.2 error

mijohnst
03-21-2002, 08:43 AM
I seems to be going through the install just fine and it's finding all the libraries, but I was just hit with an error and can't figure out what to do next. This is what I get:

Checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... no
configure: error: connot find pcap_open_liive in libpcap.

Is this something I forget to install? I did install the libpcap0-0.6.2-3mdk.i586.rpm that came with mandrake but it still didn't compile. Anyone have any suggestions? This seems to be my only hang up and I can see that light... I hope!

high_jeeves
03-21-2002, 09:30 AM
You need the libpcapdevel package. Its on the mandrake CD's somewhere.

--Jeeves

mijohnst
03-21-2002, 11:09 AM
Woot! Thanks... I'll try it when I get home tonight. Any other reasons why Mandrake 8.2 might not work? Thanks again!

high_jeeves
03-21-2002, 12:43 PM
I run on mandrake 8.2 right now.. no problems...

--Jeeves

mijohnst
03-22-2002, 03:43 PM
Well, qt seemed to install well and didn't choke about anything, but when I went back to my /root/showeq directory and ran this:

# ./configure && make && make install

This is what I got:

Collect 2: ld returned 1 exit status
Make[2] *** [showeq] error 1
Make[2] Leaving directory '/root/showeq/sec'
Make[1] *** [all-recursive] error 1
Make[1] Leaving directory '/root/showeq'
Make: ** [all-recursive-am] error 2
#

What's going on here? I've followed the directions completely and I have no idea what this error is talking about. Thinking that maybe it might still work dispite these errors, and looked in /usr/local/share/showeq/ but there wasn't one. It only went down to /usr/local/share and nothing else. Any chance anyone has an idea on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks again!

high_jeeves
03-22-2002, 10:01 PM
You didnt actually post an error message here, just the trace of make exiting back out. Please post the whole error.

--Jeeves