PDA

View Full Version : Labels on maps?

Roads
04-15-2020, 11:27 AM
So.. i recently resetup myseq and used the original map converter with brewalls (the updated one doesn't do anything at all) I have maps in myseq but i could swear we used to have labels for like stones in pok and such? am i wrong or broke something?

Flatline
04-15-2020, 01:44 PM
myseq (and showeq) only loads one layer of the map. Brewalls tends to put the labels on a different layer, so you'd have to merge them into one file.

cn187
04-15-2020, 02:06 PM
Odd that the updated converter isn't doing anything for you. It has worked fine for me and a couple of other people. You can manually merge the files like Flatline suggested, or if you want to we can try to work through why the updated one isn't working for you.

cn187
04-15-2020, 02:25 PM
How/where are you invoking the converter?

cn187@showeq:~/showeq/mapconvert/brewall$ ls -1 |head
aalishai_1.txt
aalishai_2.txt
aalishai.txt
abysmal_1.txt
abysmal_2.txt
abysmal.txt
acrylia_1.txt
acrylia_2.txt
acrylia.txt
airplane_1.txt

cn187@showeq:~/showeq/mapconvert/brewall$ ../../mapconvert |head
Converting aalishai
Converting abysmal
Converting acrylia
Converting airplane
Converting akanon
Converting akheva
Converting alkabormare
Converting anguish
Converting arcstone
Converting arelis

cn187@showeq:~/showeq/mapconvert/brewall$ ls -1 |head
aalishai_1.txt
aalishai_2.txt
aalishai.map
aalishai.txt
abysmal_1.txt
abysmal_2.txt
abysmal.map
abysmal.txt
acrylia_1.txt
acrylia_2.txt

Roads
04-15-2020, 02:31 PM
Well.. see there is the issue:) I am using windows and thought that was to replace the old VBS script :) I will convert them in linux later.. no big thing:) thank you for the reply though!

cn187
04-15-2020, 03:12 PM
Ah, hehe. That would explain it :-) I haven't touched VBS in probably 20+ years... no desire to start again, either ;-)

Flatline
04-15-2020, 03:39 PM
As a side note, the updated mapconvert script works fine in the Windows Subsystem for Linux bash shell. (Win10 only... in Programs and Features, then install Ubuntu through the MS Store.) Alternately it probably works fine via Cygwin as well.

Roads
04-15-2020, 03:50 PM
understandable.. i hate it myself :) I just did a search and saw the new convertor... and assumed :)