PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with accent character(s) like `

FluffyNecro
09-10-2020, 06:59 AM
Whenever I add a NPC with an accent character like ` and maybe ', MySeq won't match the spawn.

Any work around for this?

Good example is Queen Velazul Di`zok.

I have to delete anything after the Di, which would be OK, but some NPCs in Chardok at least start with Di` so that doesn't work for everything.

Hidron
09-13-2020, 04:40 PM
If you are talking about alerts, you don't need to include the full name. Enough to make the name unique is fine. Adding a zone alert in Chardok for Queen should only show 1 mob.

The only global filter I ever used was for Fabled.

FluffyNecro
09-16-2020, 02:46 PM
If you are talking about alerts, you don't need to include the full name. Enough to make the name unique is fine. Adding a zone alert in Chardok for Queen should only show 1 mob.

The only global filter I ever used was for Fabled.
You're kind of missing the point.

Chardok has a lot of mobs that start Di`, Shai` making it hard to set up alerts for anything unique that starts with Di` or Shai` as MySEQ can't deal with the ` in the full name.

kibanu
09-16-2020, 03:44 PM
You're kind of missing the point.

Chardok has a lot of mobs that start Di`, Shai` making it hard to set up alerts for anything unique that starts with Di` or Shai` as MySEQ can't deal with the ` in the full name.

Just remove the ` from the name before adding the alert. In the source code, it removes any ' or ` characters before making a string comparison.

FluffyNecro
09-16-2020, 04:08 PM
Just remove the ` from the name before adding the alert. In the source code, it removes any ' or ` characters before making a string comparison.
Doh! So obvious! heh. Although I thought I tried this.

Thanks. I'll check that out if the servers ever come up!