PDA

View Full Version : Oops - Can anyone help?

GeoffreyF
03-21-2002, 06:42 PM
I attempted to update to the latest version of SEQ. Everything was going fine until it got to the ./configure step when it said I needed qt 2.3.2. I downloaded the libs and installed and thought it was working but found out when I tried ./configure again that it still wasn't working.

So, thinking it was a path issue I deleted the qt 2.3.1 directory...OOPS - big mistake :)

Now I'm staring at a command line prompt cause my linux install won't boot the gui and I don't know how to fix the problem.

I *think* what I need to do is modify the .profile or .login but I don't know A) where to find them and B) how to edit them without a gui tool :)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Zaphod
03-21-2002, 07:37 PM
Important details missing from your request for help:
[list=1]
What distrobution of Linux?
Have you looked at any of the guides? If so, which one?
How'd you setup qt-2.3.2?
Did you remember to export QTDIR pointing to your install of qt-2.3.2?
Did you remember to make sure your install of qt-2.3.2's bin directory appeared in your PATH?
[/list=1]

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

GeoffreyF
03-21-2002, 08:37 PM
Woops. Forgot pertinent info! Shame on me!

Red Hat 7.2

To initially set it up I used the Red Hat guide.

To get the new qt-2.3.2 libs I used wget and then rpm to install it.

I did not export QTDIR.
I did not setup the path correctly.

The last 2 are what is probably causing my problem but since I installed qt 2.3.2 and deleted the qt 2.3.1 I'm not sure how to fix it from the command line....

fryfrog
03-21-2002, 09:17 PM
your box needs qt-2.3.1 that it comes with, the qt-2.3.2 should co-exist just fine. so connect to your favorite redhat mirror and download the qt and qt-devel rpm packages and install them.

then, download and compile qt-2.3.2

Cryonic
03-21-2002, 10:31 PM
Or as I have posted before, just download the qt-2.3.2 rpms from redhats ftp in the rawhide distribution and just install those, don't need to have two versions of QT on your system and the RPMs will setup the environment correctly for you the next time you login.

ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/qt-2.3.2*

rpm -Uvh qt-2.3.2*

fryfrog
03-21-2002, 11:59 PM
how do you deal with the fact that qt-2.3.2 has to be compiled with gcc-3.0.1 for showeq, but that (most?) other apps are compiled with 2.96 and need to use the version compiled with that compiler?

or do most programs handle using qt-2.3.2 compiled with gcc3 okay? or have you not actually compiled qt with gcc3?