apt-get install libvte9
apt-get install qt4-default
apt-get install subversion
apt-get install libtool
Not in repo apt-get install aclocal
apt-get install make
apt-get install automake
apt-get install libpcap-dev

But I am getting an error when I compile. I am not sure what package I am missing...

>> Found version.: 4.8.7
>>> Headers......: /usr/include/qt4
>>>> Libraries...: Unable to locate?!?
configure: error: Please verify your Qt lib install!

I also have installed and verified the installation of these packages.

libqt4-declarative, qt4-dev-tools, qt4-qmake, libqtwebkit4

Boy I feel like a noob...

Well it is past my bed time so maybe tomorrow I may have more luck. I am tired of beating my head...

cn187
11-24-2020, 09:18 PM
See if this patch helps. I think I missed one when I did the earlier rpi fix.

patch -p1 < acinclude_host_cpu.txt

BlueAdept
11-25-2020, 08:03 AM
ok, Ill try when I get home tonight.

Spanners
11-25-2020, 11:21 AM
ike qt4 isn't in your path. some times the easiest thing is to remove it and re-install, other solutions are available

sudo apt purge qt4*
sudo apt install qt4

I'll be getting to this very soon myself :)

BlueAdept
11-25-2020, 05:53 PM
Ive already done that after I had this issue. It didnt help. QT4 is qt4-default.

I did the patch and it still cant find the Libraries. I am removing QT4 again but I doubt it will work.

BlueAdept
11-25-2020, 06:20 PM
The library path is /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ but even modifying acinclude.m4 to add that path, it doesnt work. It still says it cant find it.

cn187
11-25-2020, 06:46 PM
I assume you modified right near where the patch applied? There are a 3 or 4 different sections that look about the same, so it's easy to modify the wrong one if you're not careful.

Also, I'm guessing you probably did, but did you run autoreconf afterwards to update configure, before re-running it?

Failing all of that, you should be able to do

./configure --with-qt-libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf

(or whatever the option is... you can do ./configure --help and get a list)

I'm a bit tied up at the moment, but I can try to take a look at it a bit later.

BlueAdept
11-25-2020, 07:08 PM
I went through the list of qt4 and libqt4 and made sure that all packages were installed.

I used --without-qt-validation and I am compiling now. If it compiles and works, then it has to be something in the build that it need to be defined for it.

BlueAdept
11-25-2020, 07:12 PM
well it bombed in the bazaar search. Im giving up for the night. Unfortunately I have some other stuff to work on.

bazaarlog.cpp: In member function ‘void BazaarLog::bazaarSearch(const uint8_t*, size_t, uint8_t)’:
bazaarlog.cpp:63:69: error: no matching function for call to ‘qMin(unsigned int, long unsigned int)’
strncpy(name,resp.item_name,qMin(sizeof(resp.item_ name), 255UL));
^
In file included from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qchar.h:45,
from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h:45,
from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qdatetime.h:45,
from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/QDateTime:1,
from bazaarlog.cpp:23:
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qglobal.h:1328:34: note: candidate: ‘template<class T> constexpr const T& qMin(const T&, const T&)’
Q_DECL_CONSTEXPR inline const T &qMin(const T &a, const T &b) { return (a < b) ? a : b; }
^~~~
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qglobal.h:1328:34: note: template argument deduction/substitution failed:
bazaarlog.cpp:63:69: note: deduced conflicting types for parameter ‘const T’ (‘unsigned int’ and ‘long unsigned int’)
strncpy(name,resp.item_name,qMin(sizeof(resp.item_ name), 255UL));
^
make[2]: *** [Makefile:729: bazaarlog.o] Error 1

cn187
11-25-2020, 08:21 PM
OK, I forgot that they use a weird target triplet.

Unapply (or revert) the previous patch, and try the attached patches.

Also, in addition to the packages listed for Debian in the Compatibility thread, I needed to install libx11-dev and libxext-dev. Though this wasn't from a clean install (just a Pi 3 I had around from some other previous use), so some other necessary things might have already been installed.

arm_gnueabihf_fix.txt will fix the qt auto-detection.

qmin_template_fix.txt will fix the compile error in bazaarlog.cpp

With those patches and the extra packages, it compiles on an older version of OSMC (based on Debian Stretch) on a Pi 3. If they work for you, I'll go ahead an apply them to the beta branch.

BlueAdept
11-25-2020, 08:54 PM
I will try it tomorrow. Thank you.

Spanners
11-26-2020, 01:02 PM
With a clean pi image,
all qt4
both patches
and --without-qt-validation

I have skittles. or to be more precise

cn187
11-26-2020, 02:19 PM
Did you try without --without-qt-validation? Just asking, because I expected it to work without needing it. Were there still issues?

Spanners
11-26-2020, 03:01 PM
It went on to fail at finding the qt documentation. Whatever else I tried failed.

cn187
11-26-2020, 03:07 PM
Ah. Not finding the qt docs is just a warning - it should continue even without them. As such, I haven't bothered updating the detection rules for the docs.

Spanners
11-26-2020, 03:31 PM
It blew out on the docs frustratingly. I only passed it by skipping the validation.

cn187
11-26-2020, 05:03 PM
That's very odd. It never finds my docs (they're not installed) but still continues on. Would you mind doing a configure without the --without-qt-validation (so it fails) and then PMing or emailing (cn187 @ users.sourceforge.net) the config.log?

Spanners
11-27-2020, 10:55 AM
emailed :)

BlueAdept
11-27-2020, 01:53 PM
sorry everyone. With Thanksgivings I didn't get a chance to work on it. I have a pretty busy weekend (wife wants me to do tree and outside lights) so I dont know if I will have much time to work on it.

Spanners
11-27-2020, 01:59 PM
You're OK BA, I'm all over it (without a Pi4) but don't tell anyone :)