PDA

View Full Version : Saving Windows and Window Positions

Artell
03-22-2002, 01:08 PM
Hopefully I didn't miss this in my search of the Help Desk, if I did, please just point me to the other message.

I am having problems getting all my window sizes and positions saved. I recently had a system crash and had to reload the system and I don't remember how I had saved them before. I have the latest version of the CVS as of 3/22/02 running on RH 7.2 using KDE.

I have all my windows set into my preferred locations right now, and would love to tell the program to save the locations, sizes and only load the windows that I have now. But when I exit SEQ and come back in, I am back to the original default locations and sizes and have to spend a few minutes setting them up the way I like.

Is there an easy way to do this that I have just missed somewhere? If not, is there any way to do this?

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Artell Pendraggon
Torvonillous

fryfrog
03-22-2002, 09:33 PM
check your showeq.conf file, there are a few spots where there is an option like "SaveCHanges 0" , if you make it a 1 it will save them. i can't remember the exact phrase, but its there (usually 1 of these for ever [] section).

S_B_R
03-22-2002, 11:32 PM
there are 2 things to look for:
UseWindowPos and SavePosition