PDA

View Full Version : Spawn Alerts and Sounds

bladezx2
03-24-2002, 12:14 AM
How do I get SEQ to notify me when a particular mob spawns and also where do I enable the sound.

I've edited the filter.conf file but not sure if I did it write. All I did was type the mobs name.

Sorry for such a stupid question, but this is the only thing I'm having a problem with. everything else works fine.

fryfrog
03-24-2002, 06:15 AM
rather than just not reply... or flame you... i am just going to suggest that you use the search feature found on the forums and perhaps use the word "filter" in your search or "filter.conf" or some variant of the word filter.

this has been discussed before, and there are even filterfiles avaiable (on a zone by zone basis none the less!) already filled with rare mobs. look for posts by BlueAdept (i think thats his name).

i would search for you, and post links... but i'm really lazy when it comes to searching for other people who could just as easily search themselves :)

look ma, no flames!

bladezx2
03-24-2002, 11:56 AM
I did do a search after I posted and came across some things that pointed me in the right direction. I deleted the filters.conf file and copied the filters.conf.dist file to filters.conf. I added a few mobs to the ALERT section and deleted the willowisp group. But I still can't get sounds to play. I saw that is uses esdplay <wavefile>. Tried that alone at the command prompt and it worked but when a mob spawns it doesn't play.
I noticed that I didn't have spawn.wave, despawn.wave and death.wave so I copied a wave file from /usr/share/sounds/ and named it spawn despawn and death..still nothing.....hmm without looking like a noob, what gives.

I do have sounds, I hear all the other sounds with Xwindows, just not in SEQ>.

fryfrog
03-24-2002, 03:40 PM
you are right, the sounds do have to exist. instead of the line saying "/usr/bin/esdplay death.wav &" make it say "/usr/bin/esdplay /path/to/soundfile/file.wav &"

bladezx2
03-25-2002, 05:37 AM
It works!!! now to just make some descent sound files.