PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Zaphod Install on 7.1

Studace
03-24-2002, 08:25 PM
I am pretty new to Linux, but installed 7.1 from CDs that a friend lent me. I followed the directions from Zaphod (learning about RPMs, Lynx and a multitude of other things in the process). The script runs and says that I have all the required packages installed. I go to install the qt rpm, and I get a message about libGB.so.1 and libGLU.so.1 are missing and required. From what I can tell, these files are part of Mesa-3.4.2-7.i386.rpm. I downloaded that file and rpm tells me that it needs XFree86 4.1.0-0.99.2. XFree86-libs-4.1.0-3.i386.rpm was installed and the development file, so I am not sure where to go from here. This may be a newbie mistake, but would appreciate any help someone can suggest.
Thanks.

fryfrog
03-25-2002, 12:27 AM
you need to just bite the bullet and download the redhat 7.2 cds, or maybe mandrake 8.1/8.2. a LOT of the packages in rh 7.1 will need to be updated in order for seq to work (basically, cause you need to install a bunch of packages that need other newer packages who in turn need newer packages...). its just easier in the long run :)

shadowcat
03-25-2002, 07:36 AM
Agreed.

I reformatted my 7.1 drives for 7.2 and one for Mandrake 8.1. It's working a lot nicer now. With seq 4, the need to go to 7.2 is a lot more important unless you want to pick through all the needed RPMs.