PDA

View Full Version : Saving Konsole Text

anonspammer
03-25-2002, 02:58 AM
How do you save the text from the Konsole, am running KDE desktop with redhat 7.2,

My problem is not that ShowEQ is not running It loads up fine.
Its not seeing Everquest or finding it and I have changed the IP to what the machines IP is. I have 5 pcs on my network 4 play everquest including the linux box, it also has a dual boot with XP.

My connection is through earthlink via sprint broadband I have a modem thats external with a Static IP. I have that plugged into my main machine which has another NIC in it for ICS. I have the IP set on my machine for peer to peer for ICS, The linux box settings I havent a clue what they need to be but it does see the internet and I can surf sites. Im relatively new to Linux.

My question is do i need to point the ShowEQ to the ip on the gateway machine ip thats listed as the card that plugs into the hub or put the ip in as the Modems IP that is the direct internet connection.

Any help would be appreciatted

also do I have to do anything on linux pc to make it work?

Thx
Anon

the hub is only a hub no switch anything 5 port 10 meg hub im buying a Router and 8 port linksys hub both of them seprately but for the mean time what am I doing wrong

EDIT I bring up view network diagnostics and when I use machine IP or Modem Ip i get (of cource different IP's for diff mahinces but thats an example IP)
Network client: 66.87.26.100:? (is there supposed to be a ?)
Device: eth0 (being the nic in my linux machine)

anonspammer
03-25-2002, 08:24 AM
anyone have any ideas

crazdefool
03-25-2002, 10:48 AM
can you rephrase your problem and question... It doesn't seem clear to me.

fyodorst
03-25-2002, 04:34 PM
Err, yeah, I don't quite understand what you are asking either. Perhaps you could organize the question differently?

This might be an answer or one of your questions (then again it might not)
run:
showeq 192.xxx.xxx.xxx

Where this is the IP of the machine to listen to...

May I also suggest that you use IP masquerading if you aren't already. It's very easy to setup, plus you don't have to pay for extra IPs. There are hundreds of websites that have scripts for download if you can't/don't want to write your own. All you do is copy them, edit a few lines here and there and you are set.

crazdefool
03-26-2002, 06:43 AM
ipmasq isn't exactly that simple.. you need the proper kernel modules first.. but thats simple too..

anonspammer
03-30-2002, 07:27 PM
First was how to save console, konsole text,

Second was I cant get it to work due to some network configuration. I dont know much about linux. I can use the internet on my linux machine. My main Machine is XP that has two NICS in it one for External modem, other for network. When i installed Linux it just saw the ICS connection (ics being internet connection sharing).

Do I need to do anything different?

My network config is in the first post

I tried IP for the machine no luck, IP for the modem which is static no luck.

hopefully ill be gettin a router soon /cries

Cryonic
03-31-2002, 10:19 PM
You sure you have a hub and not a switch?

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=473&highlight=tcpdump+switch

S_B_R
03-31-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Cryonic
You sure you have a hub and not a switch?

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=473&highlight=tcpdump+switch

Well, since he's sharing his internet connection using windows ICS, he'll have to use something like udpecho. Or reconfigure his network.

To save the output from the console you can do 1 of 3 things.

1. you can simply copy and paste the text into a text editor.
2. you can redirect the output to a file, however this will not display anyhting in the console.

/usr/local/bin/showeq >filename.txt
3. you can use the "tee" command to direct the text to a file and to the console at the same time.

/usr/local/bin/showeq | tee filename.txt

Cryonic
03-31-2002, 11:41 PM
In that case. Put updecho on the Windows box, then start SEQ and tell it to monitor the next session seen. Then you'll know what IP to set it for next time.

I'm curious:

My connection is through earthlink via sprint broadband I have a modem thats external with a Static IP.

Is the modem itself getting an IP address? If so, then why is Windows between the linux box and it at all?

I use DSL here and my DSL modem (external Cisco 675) gets the world viewable IP. It is then hooked into a hub and acts as a NAT/DHCP server for the rest of my network. Can't you do the same?