PDA

View Full Version : Not all spawns showing up,

Sneaky
03-25-2002, 08:32 PM
Sometimes I have to camp and restart SEQ 3-4 times before the zone will decode...I have 2 SEQ machines and it does it on both after latest update.....I did a make clean....anyone else getting this?

Cryonic
03-25-2002, 09:53 PM
what zones? something has to spawn for SEQ to break the key. Summon a pet, kill something and wait for a respawn, have a friend zone in after you, etc...

Mel
03-26-2002, 07:44 AM
Same things been happening to me in Skyfire on occasion even with a pet being summoned or something spawning. Been there the past week and it's been happening there. Have also had about 1/2 the zone to decode or only new spawns decode. A complete restart of my linux machine usually fixes this. Not sure if leaving seq up all the time is causing this to happen or not.

fuqjak
03-26-2002, 11:45 AM
I am having the same problem with only some of the zone decoding. I can camp or re-zone and it can persist.

Anyone have any idea if Verant is making the code harder to break - would a faster machine help this process?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated - I love ShowEQ and I love to see all those little colored dots all over the zone!

S_B_R
03-26-2002, 02:12 PM
Read this Thread (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=286&highlight=unknown+spawns) it will answer your questions. also you can do a search (http://seq.sourceforge.net/search.php?s=) for any of the following words and get more information:
spawns
unknown
decode
key

this question get's asked SO much maybe one of the devs could make a sticky thread for this. But then again... ... ...:rolleyes:

Cryonic
03-26-2002, 02:17 PM
I think I understand what is the problem (but I don't have a solution). SEQ is finding a key for the zone, but half the zone remains in an Unknown status. I've seen this particular problem in zones like Feerott. Some of the mobs will be decoded, but not all. In some instances my character is tracked, but is not identified, i.e. it thinks I'm a lvl 1 human warrior, yet there are mobs decoded and showing their information.

lildr00d
03-27-2002, 10:32 AM
I have seen this problem myself. Where I get mabey half the map to decode but the other half of the map to stay in unknown status. It appears to be random what is decoded and what is not. I've seen 2 mobs right next to eachother 1 decodes and the other does not. Not sure if this helps but the message I get when I look at the console is something like cached data not decoded properly. Hope this helps in finding a solution to this problem.

Let me know if you need me to post the exact message and I will copy it here.

fuqjak
03-27-2002, 04:34 PM
I play 2 characters at once and I always let my main enter the zone and have ShowEQ display a map and spawns THEN bring my second character into the zone to ENSURE that I have a decode key and yet I can still get half of the zone decoded while the rest are Unknown?

At a loss here?

Fuqjak