PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ 6.2.10 on Linux Mint 21

MrDabrudda
09-26-2022, 03:44 PM
Download the showeq-####.tar.bz2 file

Extract the showeq-####.tar.bz2 file

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install subversion && sudo apt-get install build-essential && sudo apt-get install libpcap0.8-dev && sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev && sudo apt-get install autoconf && sudo apt-get install automake && sudo apt-get install libtool && sudo apt-get install libx11-dev && sudo apt-get install libxext-dev && sudo apt-get install libpng-dev && sudo apt-get install libice-dev

sudo apt-get install qttools5-dev

cd /home/"YOURUSERNAME"/Downloads/cd showeq-6.2.10

sudo make -f Makefile.dist build

sudo ./configure

sudo make

sudo make install

sudo chown -R yourusername:yourusername /usr/local/share/showeq

Copy eqstr_us.txt and spells_us.txt from your EQ computer to either a NAS or USB drive.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Everquest F2P

Copy eqstr_us.txt and spells_us.txt from your NAS or USB drive to:
/usr/local/share/showeq

Download Brewall EQ maps zip from
http://www.eqmaps.info

and follow the HOW TO INSTALL instructions to copy the new maps to your EQ computer

Download the Brewall EQ maps zip to your ShowEQ computer also and unzip into Downloads

Download the mapconvert script from
http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?7448-Updated-mapconvert-script

Copy and paste the mapconvert script into Downloads/brewall folder

Right click the mapconvert script and from the pop menu select Properties
Click the Permissions tab and check the Execute: Allow executing file as progrm checkbox and click Close

Open a terminal windows and cd to Downloads/brewall
Run ./mapconvert and you should see
Converting aalishai
Converting abysmal...etc

Copy the map files to Showeq maps folder
sudo cp *.map /usr/local/share/showeq/maps

Starting ShowEQ
cd /usr/local/bin
sudo ./showeq

cn187
09-28-2022, 09:13 AM
Just a note to anyone using this guide or installing on any other up-to-date distro. ShowEQ's support for Qt5 is still a bit experimental. I expect it to work without too many issues, but there may still be bugs. If you run into bugs or issues, please report them so they can be tracked and eventually fixed. This is especially important if the bug exists under Qt5 but not under Qt4.

Thanks.

MrDabrudda
09-28-2022, 11:20 AM
I've had zero problems running ShowEQ with the above setup. No crashes or seg faults.

cn187
09-28-2022, 04:03 PM
Cool. Yeah, I don't really expect crashes, but more graphical issues like stuff being out of place, or windows not behaving properly. Though I know there's some weirdness in even the Qt4 version (like with column sorting in some windows).