PDA

View Full Version : Ldon Object as UNKNOWN RACE and all showing at 0,0,0

Showmo
11-08-2022, 07:11 AM
Since roughly the 4/20/2022 patch, all npc ground spawns that used to show as ldon_object have been spawning at 0,0,0 in every zone they are in. This includes Ldon missions, dodh missions, tacvi "corpses" that you have to /open, open world etc. I'm curious if others are seeing this behavior or maybe I have a setting set incorrectly. Any help would be appreciated in figuring out why this is happening. A buddy running myseq was telling me it is working for them and showing the right location for chests etc. I figured back in april/may it was an opcode or struct that got missed and would be fixed in a patch or 2 so didnt bother reporting then.

Thanks!

kkmonte
11-16-2022, 11:53 AM
it's been happening to me also. What i noticed is that when you zone in, all of those objects show at 0,0,0 but if you destroy one and you get a respawn, it will show correctly. It kind of sucks, i figured it was a change maybe they made on their end.. glad its not just me too. :)

Showmo
11-16-2022, 12:38 PM
I just realized when this occurred. Back when they made changes to mob types. Summoned, animal etc.

cn187
11-18-2022, 09:42 PM
Try the attached patch, and let me know how it goes. I think this will fix what you're seeing, but I'm not sure what else it will break.

Please keep an eye out for warnings/errors in the console log, and report back here.

You can apply the patch from the root of your source tree with

patch -p1 < ldon_fix1.txt

Showmo
11-19-2022, 12:55 PM
This looks to have done the trick. Patched without errors, no console errors and all the objects showing on the map where they actually are. thank you so much :)

BlueAdept
11-19-2022, 09:05 PM
Good to know. Thank cn for doing this and thanks showmo for testing.

I will update the svn maybe tomorrow night after I get home from work.