PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find udpecho?

Blackthorn
03-27-2002, 04:11 AM
First off, great site. I've been using Linux for all of 5 hours now, set up and running seq no problem. Unfortunately it's now 2 am and realized the readon it's not working perfectly is because of my network configuration:

cable modem->win2k->switch->redhat 7.2

Obviously no packet sniffing going on here, and because of the time, running out to by a hub isn't a viable option, and i'm too tired to get into IP Masquerading at this time. Maybe tomorrow night. In the meatime, I've seen reference to a program called udpecho to forward packets to the linux box. All searches I run for udpecho yield security incident responses. Does anyone know of a link to the program?

Thanks

S_B_R
03-27-2002, 10:18 AM
Here (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=539)

The only reason you may have seen people questioning the security of that app is it was not written by the SEQ devs and therefore they take no responsibility for it. I personally have never used it, so I have to give you the same warning, "Use at your own risk". It might be a trojan/password logger, it might not be, in fact since it's been available for over a month and no one has complained, it's more than likely a "safe" application.

BTW all I searched for to find that link was udpecho... ... ...what did you search for??? :confused:

Blackthorn
03-27-2002, 11:43 AM
Thnaks for the link, it didn't even occur to me to run a search through the forum. Late night memory dump I guess. Ran searches through google and altavista for udpecho, udpecho +win2k, udpecho +seq, and udpecho +showeq.

Got it now though.