PDA

View Full Version : PC hp not showing up correctly

Fippy_35602
03-27-2002, 04:16 PM
Okay, I know everyone seems to open with this statement, but I have searched the forums using several different criteria (kind of a problem not being able to use a search element with less than 4 characters).

Anyway, I fully installed Showeq last night on a RH 7.2 Linux installation and patched. The app runs fine and I'm able to track the session I'm attempting to, I've had some of the seg fault errors following a huge string of Cache clearing operations being dumped to the console, but it sounds like that issue has been remedied (I'll pick up the new patch tonight).

The one that still elludes me is that when inspecting my own character through ShowEQ it shows up as if he has far less HP than he does (it seems like it is close to his naked HP though). I also use it to check out other PC's and it shows them with all sorts of whacked up hp totals. It also only sometimes will show the equipment listings, and rarely on myself.

I also kind of have this issue with NPCs where they show up as having like 65,553 hp or something, but I found that one on a search and I guess it's no big deal.

I am concerned about the one where PC's are not showing up correctly though.

Any ideas?

Cryonic
03-27-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Fippy_35602
The one that still elludes me is that when inspecting my own character through ShowEQ it shows up as if he has far less HP than he does (it seems like it is close to his naked HP though).

For SEQ to show you your hp with the adjustments from your gear it needs to decode the equipment struct that is sent to you every time you zone. Within that struct is all the stuff on you and in the bank so that the client will know what lore items you have and therefore can't loot. This has some minor issues, like some of my chars have +hp gear on them and in the bank and SEQ shows my total hp as if I had all that gear on.

I also use it to check out other PC's and it shows them with all sorts of whacked up hp totals. It also only sometimes will show the equipment listings, and rarely on myself.

What do you mean by PC's show up with whacked up hp totals? PC's show up with their actual numeric hp amounts, unlike mobs (see below), in SEQ. Gear is a generalization, EQ is not told the specific item, just the model to display, so that is all SEQ knows. This is why you can't see rings or earrings on people as they have no visible change in their model. This is why there can be some lag when inspecting someone.

I also kind of have this issue with NPCs where they show up as having like 65,553 hp or something, but I found that one on a search and I guess it's no big deal.

This has been answered many times, but for the hell of it I'll answer it again. Mobs HP are sent as a percent. For mobs that you haven't gone near will ALWAYS showup like that because the client hasn't been sent the status of the mobs health. Get near the mob and it will adjust to fall in the range of 0 - 100.

I am concerned about the one where PC's are not showing up correctly though.

Any ideas?

Fippy_35602
03-28-2002, 04:20 AM
Yup, ran the latest patch last night and the seg fault errors cleared up (as expected).

I also went ahead and with the cooperation of some RL friends checked what hp they had versus what I had displayed in the window. One of the issues which I was unaware of the other night but became aware of when searching the forums yesterday is that people will show up with wierd values unless I get to a certain range away from them and they are "broadcasting".

When I was groupped with my friends last night I got their correct hp but mine were still kinda weird. It wasn't until I started messing around with what was displayed in the spawn tracking window and set the option to show my max hp that suddenly it started displaying correctly. I have no clue as to why this changed it, but it did. From that point on for the rest of the night it reflected my correct hp and max hp.

Everything looks good now, lovin the prog!