PDA

View Full Version : Invalid/Corrupted info field after cvs

ShowEQuser
03-27-2002, 07:52 PM
After the 3/20 CVS i lost correct info on the info field, now shows as random numbers. Anyone else seen this or have any idea how to fix? Thanks

ShowEQuser
03-29-2002, 04:09 PM
Bump. Anyone else seen this? I have tried re downloading the entire CVS.. no fix :/

Zaphod
03-29-2002, 10:41 PM
It's been working for me, the only "random" numbers I've seen is when I'm on Luclin. It has always shown "random" numbers for unknown materials and weapons. If a material or weapon is unknown, it prints the slot letter, followed by a 'U' for unknown, followed by the 4 hex digits that represent the material / weapon. Perchance have you been playing on Luclin lately? If so, their are a large number of unknown materials and weapons on MOBs up their. Check what it shows on PC's and in zones not on Luclin. Feel free to post here or in the developerment forum if you happen to figure out what the correspondence between a certain hex number occuring in a certain slot means being a certain weapon/material.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Azerael
03-30-2002, 01:38 PM
Actually I'm going to bump this one as well.

I too am seeing the same thing in all luclin, velious, kunark and old world zones. It started when I updated and recompiled on this 3/26. I've been updating and recompling each night since and it has not gone away. I have not done a full CO and compile but I have been cleaning everything. I'll be rebuilding from scratch tonight and hopefully that will help. If anyone finds an acutal fix for this or has more info I'd love to know. If it continues to happen I'll be digging into the code to try to figure out what might be up.

anounymous
03-30-2002, 02:49 PM
Do you by chance play on a custom rules server? My info field was showing nothing but random numbers as well, and the zone would only decode 1/3 of the way and scroll 'Possible Key found' in the terminal window. That was playing on Firiona Vie server. But when I went back to my regular server, it was fine. I did a fresh CVS download at about 7pm Mar. 29th.

ShowEQuser
03-30-2002, 02:55 PM
I checked this problem in all zones. It happens in all zones. I have deleted and done full CVS and still get this problem. I can roll back to a earlier CVS I have and the decode is normal, althugh that CVS has the raining players.. Anything else I should check, or any other info that might help you track this down just let me know..

Azerael
03-30-2002, 09:51 PM
Hehe, no I play mainly on 2 of the oldest servers known to EQ, so thats not the issue. I did completely new builds and am getting the same issue, I have the same experience as ShowEQUser does. If I roll back to prior CVS versions where I get all of the player lines running pell mell across the screen, I get proper decode, but any of the ones from the last week are still giving me the unknown info.