PDA

View Full Version : Loads the map...sometimes...

Art
03-30-2002, 04:39 PM
After reading over these boards for the last two weeks, using search more then ever, and finally reading about 30 websites on Linux, I finally managed to get SEQ4.0 to work. I stopped using it for about 3 days or so. During that time I had installed a SoundCard and booted once, thats about it. Havent reconfigured anything at all really except loading the drivers for the card. My system is currently set up like this:

Cable---->MDK8.1 eth0---->eth1---->XP

Everything looks promising until I launch SEQ4.0 and it loads no map, spawns etc... So I zone twice, the map will come up but thats about it. So I did a CVS update, got SEQ4.0.1, recompile, launch it and it does the same thing. Here's the log:

-----------------------------------------------

[root@bob root]# export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2
[root@bob root]# cd /usr/local/bin
[root@bob bin]# ./showeq
ShowEQ 4.0.1, released under the GPL.
All ShowEQ source code is Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002 by the respective ShowEQ Developers
Binary distribution without source code and resale are explicity NOT authorized bby ANY party.
If you paid for this software in any way, shape, or form, the person selling the software is doing so in violation of the express wishes and intents of the authors of this product.

Please see http://seq.sourceforge.net for further information

Using config file '/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf'
Loading filters from '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'
Listening for first client seen.
Initializing Packet Capture Thread:
Filtering packets on device eth0, searching for EQ client...
Opcode Logging Mask: 0 0 0
Categories Reloaded
New Filter:
Client Detected: XX.XXX.XXX.XX
Building new pcap filter: EQ Client XX.XXX.XXX.XX, Zone Server port 2529
Clearing Cache: Count: 0
Reseting sequence cache
Building new pcap filter: EQ Client XX.XXX.XXX.XX, Client port 1433, Zone Server port 2529
Zone: EntryCode: Client
Clearing Cache: Count 0
Reseting sequence cache
New Filter:
Zone: Changecode: Client, Zone: lakeofillomen
Loaded map: '/usr/local/share/showeq/LakeofIllOmen.map'
Clearing Cache: Count: 0
Reseting sequence cahce
Clearing Cache: Count: 0Reseting sequence cache

--------------------------------------------------------------

And thats it. Just kinda hangs like it's waiting for data to pass through, although no matter how many times I zone/camp/relog it just does the same thing. A couple of few occasions I was able to get the spells (jboots/cos) to come threw but quickly lost it after zoning. Tried reloading all the .conf files to make sure also.

I'm running MDK8.1 with the latest SEQ Files. I really wanted to figure out this on my own but have run into a nice roadblock. I hope this wasn't to newbish of me, but since it's my first post, feel free to flame away=/

Thanks for any help possible!

Art

Art
03-31-2002, 03:47 AM
Bah, figured it out =/

./showeq -i eth1 192.168.0.253

sigh, I knew I missed something!

fryfrog
03-31-2002, 02:45 PM
try also --ip-address=<iphere> i know at some point the way of starting it you are using changed and it threw a few people off some.