PDA

View Full Version : ShoqEQ loaded and installed fine but doesnt see my Machine with EQ

anonspammer
03-31-2002, 09:11 PM
How do you save the text from the Konsole, am running KDE desktop with redhat 7.2,

My problem is not that ShowEQ is not running It loads up fine.
Its not seeing Everquest or finding it and I have changed the IP to what the machines IP is. I have 5 pcs on my network 4 play everquest including the linux box, it also has a dual boot with XP.

My connection is through earthlink via sprint broadband I have a modem thats external with a Static IP. I have that plugged into my main machine which has another NIC in it for ICS. I have the IP set on my machine for peer to peer for ICS, The linux box settings I havent a clue what they need to be but it does see the internet and I can surf sites. Im relatively new to Linux.

My question is do i need to point the ShowEQ to the ip on the gateway machine ip thats listed as the card that plugs into the hub or put the ip in as the Modems IP that is the direct internet connection.

Any help would be appreciatted

also do I have to do anything on linux pc to make it work?

Thx
Anon

the hub is only a hub no switch anything 5 port 10 meg hub im buying a Router and 8 port linksys hub both of them seprately but for the mean time what am I doing wrong

I bring up view network diagnostics and when I use machine IP or Modem Ip i get (of cource different IP's for diff mahinces but thats an example IP)
Network client: 66.87.26.100:? (is there supposed to be a ?)
Device: eth0 (being the nic in my linux machine)

Cryonic
03-31-2002, 10:16 PM
Is there a reason you are repeating this post?

see: http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=776

fryfrog
04-01-2002, 02:14 PM
if your WINDOWS box is your gateway to the internet, with TWO network cards, linux will NEVER see the traffic. windows while DUMB is not totally retarded. why would it send eq traffic out the network card that does NOT have the internet connection?

so you see, your linux box works... and connects to the internet... but it doesn't see eq traffic because it is NOT there.

anonspammer
04-01-2002, 03:47 PM
so how do i get it to work? Im planning on buying the Linksys or netgear router and then plugging that into my Hub

CodE-E
04-01-2002, 04:02 PM
You need to set up your network architechture so that your EQ machines connect to the Internet through your Linux machine.

Something like this works:

|--Windows_machine
|
Internet---Linuxbox--|--Windows_machine
|
|--Windows_machine

fryfrog
04-01-2002, 04:03 PM
or the way you mentioned would work just fine. basically ALL you need to do is make sure that the linux box actually sees the eq packets.

hooking seq linux and eq windows box to a REAL hub (which is also hooked to a hardware router or some other linux/windows firewall) would work just fine.

assuming that the "hub" is really a hub :)