PDA

View Full Version : Few semi-techie questions about new version

SEQurity
04-01-2002, 09:10 PM
First, thanks for SEQ :)

Second, some semi-tech type questions on performance with the new version.

I only recently got SEQ up and running, and I'm still figuring things out, but here's my system.

DSL to a Speedstream (ethernet) DSL modem to a Netgear RP114 router to a Netgear EN104 hub with the eq and seq boxes plugged into the hub. Everything on the network works fine. P2 233/64mb/6.4gb/linksys 10/100 pci/S3 Virge 4mb onboard agp/

The newest CVS has exhibited some issues that were not present with my original version (the 4.0 right before VI screwed with the player position patch that caused the big velocity lines)

1: Higher CPU usage, so much that it's noticable in graphic lag when switching between map windows.

2: Nearly all (80% or more) spawns have a wielded/worn item in the info column, but they are all of the encoded type (2UEE47 and such)

3: And, even with /serverfilter on, the seq shell still shows all types of game text that is *supposed* to be filtered out, which I thought meant filtered out on VI's server side.

4: Sometimes, when maximizing the main window, it maximizes larger than my screen resolution by about a quarter inch (I'm only running 640x480 on a crappy hand-me-down 13" monitor)

My question is, is there anything that I can do, either to Linux itself, or SEQ specifically that could help these issues? Do they sound like network, linux, eq, or seq problems?

Again, thanks for SEQ, it's made my EQ gaming quite a bit more enjoyable, and thanks in advance for any help/tips on these issues I mentioned.

SEQurity

edit: PS Redhat 7.2, installed using Zaphods walk through and the precompiled QT binaries recommended