PDA

View Full Version : On finding and killing stuff .conf

AlphaBeta
04-02-2002, 10:20 AM
Ok I know you guys are getting sick of me already LOL..

I have been editing the list of things I want to kill. I have some luck with this but its very hard to understand. I wish things were more GUI and user friendly. but oh well we can't have everything and I love the program anyway..

I have been putting things under [Find] I think it is to draw blinking white circles around mobs I want to kill. I have an entry thats is something like (please forgive me if I mess up the syntax here and know I missed something but.) "Name:[:;]*[;:];37-40" that marks all mobs between level 37 to 40 and that works real good.

I thought I might take this to the next step and try the same thing with the [Locate] where it draws a white line to the mobs. I have been able to make this work with "Name:nice eq name here" as in the examples but "Name:[:;]*[;:];37-40" dose not seem to work under this section like it does find. Can I do somthing like this under that section?

As a side note I think I am doing well for a non-programer, knowning next to nothing about unix, and being a female. LOL :p

Any advice on where I can learn more about this stuff would be helpfull to cause I think this just rocks and would love to know/learn more. Maybe that way I wouldn't be such a pain in your guys butt.

Virusmaster
04-02-2002, 10:24 AM
Now you've done it. You mentioned you are female. Now all the nerds will jump to your aid instead of shouting "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION". Wave a chick in front of a geek and watch his face turn 18 shades of red :D

AlphaBeta
04-02-2002, 10:42 AM
Ack!! :eek: lol I can't be the only women here?!?! Any other's out there? Or am I the only semi geek (well not sure that I have reach geek status yet) one here? Guess I will use the search more as to avoid ragging male hormones. ;)

Mr Guy
04-02-2002, 10:52 AM
I am not one hundred percent positive on this, but it sounds to me like you may be having issues with precedence.

Do you have BOTH entries at the same time?

I'd have to look to be sure, but my hunch is that SEQ won't alert, find and locate the same mob at the same time.

Looking at the code, will try and get back to you....

Mr Guy
04-02-2002, 11:01 AM
Assuming you put the same mob in multipe catagories it looks to me that it will only be drawn by one filter if you follow me.

Look at map.cpp starting at line 3362 {as of 3/29 at least}
Beginning with the line:

if (filterFlags != 0)

You'll notice what follows is basically a large switch statment:

if (filterFlags & FILTER_FLAG_DANGER)
{
}
else if (filterFlags & FILTER_FLAG_CAUTION)
{
}

and so on.

So it looks like the order of filter precedence will be:

DANGER
CAUTION
HUNT
LOCATE
TRACER (?)

Now the question remains, what the hell is a tracer?

AlphaBeta
04-02-2002, 11:16 AM
Yes I think I do have them both going at the same time. I will comment the other one tonight and try that, but sounds like thats the cause.

Virusmaster
04-02-2002, 11:16 AM
See. It worked :) Actually, mr guy, I have placed mobs in more than one section and had success with it (not saying every combo would work) to get certain sound alerts with the caution and danger alert.
The one thing I have noticed is that sometimes, dunno why, I place a mob in a section and it does not work, or maybe does not work until I restart SEQ, even though I have refreshed with the "save and hit F3" thing. Usually I just live with it.
I never put things in the "found" area, as when I type a name of a mob in the search box above the map they go under the "found" section and I don't want to confuse myself.
Most likely the problem Alpha is having (in my opinion) is a typo/logic/lack of understanding involving how the filters work. There are some infos and a few links scattered about the older posts on how to use filters such. As for me, I just copy and paste an existing filter and change the mobs name or race to suit. I tend to be lazy :)
Hey. If I say I am a girl also will someone take another look at my GUI filter request post in the development section?? I didn''t think so :( What if I say I'm cute and 19 years old, will that help?? Ok, back to work with me then, you folks are no fun today...

AlphaBeta
04-02-2002, 11:19 AM
BTW why am I a Blackburrow Gnoll? Can't I be a sleeping/kicking Moss snake? ROFL kj

Mr Guy
04-02-2002, 11:28 AM
Sound alerts are handle in a different place than drawn on the map alerts, they do not fall prey to the exclusionary logic found in drawing the map. It makes sense too, because with general filters you don't want something to be blinking red while circled yellow with both a yellow and white line drawn to it. It'd just waste CPU cycles to draw it, and add clutter.

However, having it shout at you, "Holy shit a PK!" and also "Hey! A PK you can hunt!" would both be helpful.

Mr Guy
04-02-2002, 11:29 AM
I also want to say for the record I posted a reply to your GUI filter BEFORE you claimed to be young and busty.

I'm very happily married, thank you.

Virusmaster
04-02-2002, 11:36 AM
I am not young or busty, and not a girl either. That was me picking on you guys.

Yup, there are times you would want more than one filter for a mob. Thanks for any info, as I've been working with my filters last few days. Having separate filters for every zone is quite powerful, and a LOT of work to set up :)

AlphaBeta
04-02-2002, 12:07 PM
Ok, well now that I think (yet to try it) that is solved. Is there a way / setting or something that can be made so that depending on what char's your playing the filters change? For example I wouldn't want the same filters for my level 52 cleric as I do for my 16th level enchanter would. Or would one just have to build filters.conf files for each char?

I have also noticed that you can have a zone specific filter file for each zone. So if the above can’t be done then maybe I could make one for every zone, still would be issues however depending on the Char. I.E my 10th level lizard monk wouldn’t be as popular in Gfay as maybe a wood elf would be LOL..

Maybe a option for a 'character_name.Filter.conf file set? or a change to the filters.conf format so that you could do something like:

If PcName=name1_here

[Hunt]
XXXXXX

[Caution]
XXXXXX

[Danger]
XXXXXX

[Locate]
XXXXXX

[Alert]
XXXXXX

Else if Pcname=Name2_here

[Hunt]
XXXXXX

[Caution]
XXXXXX

[Danger]
XXXXXX

[Locate]
XXXXXX

[Alert]
XXXXXX

etc, etc..? Seq already knows who your playing all you would have to do then is put in the first name of your character in some type of if else statements I think this would add so much to the program.