PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Instruction

Brezer
04-06-2002, 06:18 PM
Ok Iam getting an illegal instruction messgae, while running seq. It seems to happen when alott of casting is taking place, just updated and recompiled and same thing, any suggestions?

high_jeeves
04-06-2002, 11:24 PM
Well.. lets see.. illegal instruction... based on my psychic abilities, I'm going to guess its line 304 in player.cpp...

Seriously tho.. how about some more information? What is the exact message? Load up the core file and do a backtrace, and post it here.. (Search this forum for backtrace or core, and you should find instructions on how to do this)

--Jeeves

Brezer
04-07-2002, 12:52 PM
Thats all the message I get, its running fine then all the sudden it drops back to the terminal and says Illegal Instruction. Also Iam still getting segment faults even after reinstalling. I guess Iam about to give up on it. Even doing a fresh install and going by both guides, step bye step I still seem to be getting these problems.

S_B_R
04-07-2002, 01:57 PM
It would be possible to give us more information... Look HERE (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69&highlight=core) on how to do a back trace...

Otherwise go ahead and give up ;)