PDA

View Full Version : Help im stuck! "not a Nood question either"

Marcus
04-07-2002, 08:21 PM
H there,

Im no Noob at Seq but i have 1 Small problem....

i have installed showeq on a linux box and all Works 100% except my player will not move on the map (showeq box) and hes constantly stuck Right in the middle of the screen. He also has a round white circle around him? no red lines to show you the way he is pointing all other players and Mobs move around just fine anyone have any ideas

Oh i have done the general stuff ie. formatted the liunx box and restup from scratch, looked at all the right click menu..

thanks,

Marcus

:p

S_B_R
04-07-2002, 10:24 PM
Well, I'm guessing your network isn't setup correctly and/or you have not configured your showeq.conf correctly.

fryfrog
04-08-2002, 11:26 AM
i've read posts that say they found this was due to either the network card in their linux box or perhaps their hub. try replacing one of those items and see what happens (hopefully in a free way). don't use the same kind to replace it :)

vmlinuz
04-12-2002, 08:00 AM
How are you refrencing your EQ machine? by IP or MAC addy?

This reminds me of while back when i was tinkering with pointing seq at MAC addressses to try to prevent 2 seq instances running on one box, from confusing 2 EQ clients running behind NAT. I ended up scrounging up some older hardware and tweaking the topology to fix the problem. Try using IP maybe?