PDA

View Full Version : duplicated corpses and lost items/exp last night

anonspammer
04-07-2002, 10:33 PM
last night me and 4 other level 60's were just beating on each other in the arena when I and another Monk got sick of this 60 manaburn epic wizards kicking our butts singly so we teamed up and jumped him.

Well he rand for the safe area and we ended up killing him, he respawned behind the gate FULLY clothed and buffed, I looked down and there was his corpse full clothed.

We all looked at each other and thought Wtf is going on here. So we ask the wizard to try and loot this gear, but like most level 60 wizards with that many AAxp and epic .. its all no drop so it was not really anything to further his characters standing. He couldnt loot anything but a few items and left the corpse he didnt dare destroy his gear to loot some other pieces on the corpse.

About 15 mins later I killed the level 60 warrior in the arena... and low and behold he pops behind hte gate FULLY clothed and buffed with a corpse laying in the arena. At this point we start to really something odd is going on. So I camped and came back, well I didnt have my same helm on.. was a helm i was wearing about 30 mins before. also had a res icon on and no buffs. with a few songs not loaded... I was thinking Twilight zone WTF is going on

So I was like ok Ill tell the cleric to let me kill him and so I proceeded to do so. and He ... reappered fully clothed. with all buffs and a corpse on the ground. I was pulling my hair out freaking out so I logged on my druid handed her a item and killed her. she died and ... reappered .. no corpse this time.. and not holding the item I handed her. I had started to really freak out thinking how the economy would be ruined with people being able to dupe full sets of nice droppable gear.

During this whole process I had realized it was time change for Daylight savings time in California. DOH

Reports in chat were that lots of this was going on with mostly people zoning or dieing and losing items and Exp they had gained. I was expecting a HUGE character restore today.

I guess not many people abused this error or knew about it. We had petitioned and I personally emailed the GM about my lost Item which was worth a CONSIDERABLE amount.

Still waiting on this response sadly I think it will be replaced

Was suprised i didnt see any posts about it

oh well just wanted to let you all know about the freaky things that happened

Zaphod
04-08-2002, 02:48 AM
On at least one surver there was a system wide announcement on Sunday morning (4/7/2002) that if you didn't appear in the /who all <your char name here> list that you should do a trade with someone, camp and relog in. I know of at least one person who did a bunch of stuff on late Saturday night/way early Sunday morning that lost a bunch of stuff she did (skill increases, bank organization, etc...). Which really messed her up when she logged in Sunday morning to head to a raid. Typical Verant screwup.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)