PDA

View Full Version : Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0" .

oldguy
04-08-2002, 08:33 PM
I am experiencing a problem similar to the post following this text entry. His post was from a while back, and had no replies. I am hoping that he fixed it and would be able to help me, or a local member may be able to point me in the right direction.

I have my Linux Red Hat 7.2 box connected to my Netgear router, with my EQ box also connected to the same router via a separate cable. I am able to ping my Windows 98SE box from my Linux box.

The output and situation is exactly the same as the following (minus the length of time, as well as some editing to clarify the post), and perhaps the major error here is the line

Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0" .

I am not exactly a newbie to computers, but to what does display refer to? My video card, or monitor, or software files? Display is a common term for a monitor, render is common activity for a video card, and xlib is a software file. This kind of confuses me.

MODIFIED TEXT OF ARCHIVED POST:

==============================================

ahhhh this is so frustrating
ive been trying to get seq working for weeks now. i compiled everything and can run showeq but now when i go into seq all i get is a blank map. no zone lines, no nothing. yes in am logging into eq on my win machine. this is the message i get when running showeq

Using config file '/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf '
Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0" .
Loading fillters from '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf '
Opcode Logging Mask: 0 0 0
Listening for first client seen.
Initializing Packet Capture Thread:
Filtering packets on device eth0, searching for EQ client...
Categories Reloaded

im running redhat 7.2 and im preaty sure i have all updated files and rpms

==============================================

oldguy
04-08-2002, 08:38 PM
That is my sig, not an insult.

high_jeeves
04-08-2002, 11:39 PM
Netgear router

Search for router, and you will find your answer.

--Jeeves

fee
04-08-2002, 11:43 PM
the Xlib error is not fatal or the cause of your problem. See the above post for a hint.