PDA

View Full Version : Sound on SEQ with Sound Card

Elyon
04-09-2002, 11:13 PM
Running Linux v7.1. Have had SEQ running for some time now. Alerts have worked fine via internal speaker. I just installed a SB Sound Card and restarted the box. Sound works find within Linux and I can drop to prompt and issue esdplay xxxxx.wav file and it plays the wav file fine. I have set the 'SpawnAudioFilter' to 1 and have made sure that the wav files can be found, but I never get any sound via the sound card and when this flag is set to 1, I no longer get sound from the internal speaker. I have the CVS from the 8th running at this time. Any ideas? Did I forget to do something? I am only using Filters.conf and Showeq.conf. All SpawnAudioCommand etc... have the wav file command like this /usr/bin/esdplay /usr/share/sounds/xxxxx.wav & It picks up the alerts as it marks them in bold and put's them inn Alerts folder, but no sound from Sound Card.

Thanks in advance..

fryfrog
04-10-2002, 12:20 AM
you might try putting it in ""s (quotation marks), but i'm not sure if that will help. perhaps put command in a small shell script and then instead of calling the esdplay and the wav file, just call the script.

you aren't running "linux 7.1" btw, probably "redhat linux 7.1" just to correct. there are also a few other posts (one very recently) concerning sound, please try and find them if you need help creating a shell script.

Elyon
04-10-2002, 06:01 AM
You are Correct, I am running Redhat Linux V7.1. I did look for messages about sound and only found 1, which I applied everything from that message that I could, except writing a script and making it an executable. I can go to a terminal window and be in the seq directory and issue the exact same commands that are in the seq showeq.conf file and I get the correct sound, but when I have an Alert in SEQ, I don't get sound.

Elyon
04-10-2002, 11:03 AM
Still no sound from SEQ via the sound card, but I am now getting this error.

Audio File Library: error 3: open failed

I am logged in as root.

So I must have something setupwrong some where. Searched thru threads but haven't seen anything on this. Will keep plugging awat at it.

Thanks

Elyon
04-10-2002, 11:58 AM
OK, found my problem.... I guess I need a proof reader when I type things in... Was nothing more than a spelling error :DOH

Wave <> Wav

Thanks all

fryfrog
04-10-2002, 04:21 PM
hahah, spelling errors are the hardest to find ;)