PDA

View Full Version : LibEQ New Methods?

Weezer
04-10-2002, 05:22 PM
Hey all -

I confess I havent been on in a few weeks but I'm having issues (albeit personal) in following the changes we are supposed to perform with the latesst LibEQ changes? I have grabbed the recent version of LibEQ.a that matches the md5sum and put it in usr/lib and usr/local/lib the way we usually do. I have also been out to Yendor/Casey's posts and read but I think I'm a little confused at the result of that thread?? It implies we need to make some coding changes and that the error message:

"LibEQ.a not found. Be sure that LibEQ.a is installed in /usr/lib or /usr/loca/lib"

is incorrect and the message really is saying our LibEQ is out of date? Hmm...but my md5sum macthes

My config.log (the end of it) looks like this:

configure:7503: checking for deque.h
configure:7513: c++ -E conftest.C >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:7542: checking for size_t
configure:7639: checking for ProcessPacket in -lEQ
configure:7661: c++ -o conftest.C -g -O2 conftest.C -lEQ -lgdbm -lz -lpcap -lpthread 1>&5
./libEQ.a(libEQ.o)(.eh_frame+0x11): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:

Any ideas on what to try next? Any help is much appreciated..

- Weezer

fryfrog
04-10-2002, 08:04 PM
put the libEQ.a file in ONE place, not both.

Weezer
04-10-2002, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the help Fry :)

I put the file in ONE place...turns out it was in both, guess Im getting old and forgetting, lol. Weird though, I still get the same error...I wonder if I need to try it fresh from the beginning again...

fee
04-11-2002, 12:02 AM
That error means you are using an incompatible compiler. LibEQ was built with gcc 3.0 and requires a compiler with the same ABI, gcc 3.0.

fee