PDA

View Full Version : seq loaded, packets being read, but nothing displayed

Meggatraveller
04-11-2002, 09:42 PM
I finally got seq and all subisidairy stuff to compile. I run seq and I see the packet count go up, but I get no action...
i.e. maps don't change, mobs don't show, etc.

Basically, other than packet count changing, I see nothing to indicate that it is working.

Thoughts??

Meggatraveller
04-12-2002, 01:42 PM
update:
I can load maps manually. It does not do this automatically.
Also, any new spaws seem to be showing up on the new map, but with no information... i.e. putting my mouse over them shows me unknown, level 0, hp's 0, etc.

It still has no idea where I am, nor waht any of my stats are. I have tried logging, zoning, etc., with no change to information translated.

Still looking for guidance...

--Meggatraveller

S_B_R
04-12-2002, 03:09 PM
Try turning down your datarate setting. In you Everquest directory there is file called datarate.txt it defaults to 4 or 5, and can be anything from 0 to 9 try setting it to a lower number and see if that help.

If that doesn't help, you might want to discribe your network topology here, for example:

|-----> Linux/SEQ Box
Cablemodem -------> Hub
|-----> Everquest MachineAlso what Linux disto are you using and did you use one of the HOWTO's on this site?

Meggatraveller
04-12-2002, 09:01 PM
There is no file called datarate.

I have Red Hat 7.2 installed as a router.

eq box and rest of network <-----> red hat 7.2 <---> dsl to world

yes, I used the how-to's off of this site, the install file that downloaded with seq, and links off of this site including links found here:
http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=400

--Megga

S_B_R
04-12-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Meggatraveller
There is no file called datarate.

I have Red Hat 7.2 installed as a router.

eq box and rest of network <-----> red hat 7.2 <---> dsl to world

yes, I used the how-to's off of this site, the install file that downloaded with seq, and links off of this site including links found here:
http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=400

--Megga

You should look closer for the datarate.txt file it's in your EVERQUEST directory. It's part of the everquest client not showeq. Anyway since you didn't know about it in the first place it's probably still set to default, which should be fine.

From your network topology on thing I would suggest is make absoultely sure that you are sniffing the correct NIC and the corresponding IP, i.e. the internal NIC and IP of your Everquest machine. Look in your showeq.conf file which should be in the /usr/local/share/showeq directory for those settings.

casey
04-13-2002, 08:19 AM
add "-i ethX" to your showeq commandline, where ethX is the internal NIC. What happens is that you say showeq myBox, and it builds a fileter to smiff your internal box's ip, but by default puts it on eth0, if this is the external nic, all packets are MASQ'd at that point and the EQ packets never match. So by explicity telling it what interface to use, you can get it to look at the internal nic, which is what you want.

You can also permanantly change it in the conf if you dont want to always put it on the commandline.