PDA

View Full Version : Auto "point" on Alerts?

djp
04-14-2002, 11:42 PM
Ran through the search engine, couldn't find a reference to my problem.

I've put in an extensive filters.conf. My alerts goes off when the mobs spawn, however, in my old setup, SEQ would auto "point" to the MoB that had spawned on the Map.

Is this no longer a feature, or am I just missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

dp

Cryonic
04-15-2002, 12:29 AM
If by point you mean draw a line to the mob in question, then it still works for me. I have guards under [Alert] since I play mostly DE's and don't want to be killed by some wandering guard. It only draws the line when I get close to the mob.

djp
04-15-2002, 12:45 AM
Maybe i'm not understanding the signifigance of the catagories now.

I haven't played EQ in almost a year, so i'm a bit behind..

What catagory do I put MoB's if I want to know where they are as soon as they spawn?

thanks!

Dedpoet
04-15-2002, 06:00 AM
The [Locate] category will draw a white line to mobs that match the filter. [Hunt] will make them flash with a white circle. It just depends on which way you want to see it.

djp
04-15-2002, 08:18 AM
I assume if I want both a sound alert and a white line, that I now put it in both catagories?

Thanks for the help.. need coffee, afk ;)

Dedpoet
04-15-2002, 02:24 PM
There was a post here a few days ago saying that the filter categories were a big "else if" switch. That means that only the first category the mob fits in will be matched.

Check out Mr. Guy's posts in this thread:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=851

[edited for typo]

djp
04-15-2002, 03:29 PM
Excellent. Thanks for the info, i'll play with it tonight!

Mr Guy
04-16-2002, 08:08 AM
If you look at where I pointed in that other thread, you'll notice you can just pull out the 'else' for the results you seem to want. Be aware it could impede performance.