PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ update info request

Madman
04-15-2002, 11:52 PM
Lets say I was idle from using SEQ since early Feb. I start back up and notice partial or no zone decode. Usually zoning a bunch of times till there is activity being sent somewhere else in the zone fixes this but what a hassle.

I get the new CVS and run the compile.

Now, what else am i forgetting? opcode updates? filter updates? and nobody say zap it and reinstall. Thats a rookie tech maneuver in this case I would think.
If you do refresh my memory please post a link to where I can find the info I need. Thanks SEQ helpers.

Madman
04-15-2002, 11:55 PM
All seems good on CVS, noticed the ones I was thinking are included in the CVS script. But all in all, anything I may be missing?
Decoding seems better but still needs alot of zoning and/or logging to get some of the zones to decode. Still getting alot where half will decode and other half unkown.

fryfrog
04-16-2002, 06:38 AM
make sure you are current with CVS and quit thinking you need to zone to get things to become known.

you ACTUALLY need to zone ONCE and then get something to spawn IN the zone to get a decode. so kill something, or pull up a pet. if it doesn't work the first time, try it again :) just don't zone, as that basically resets you having to figure out the key again (from a new spawn).

Madman
04-17-2002, 05:49 PM
Thank you. I'll give it a go. Maybe use my familiar. I used an old script to get the latest CVS. I'll check and see if thats an issue. Also, still getting half decoded/half unknowns quite a bit. any ideas?

Cryonic
04-17-2002, 06:00 PM
I've been noticing a message in my console that seems to relate to the half decoding zone issue. an error inflating the packet capture results in only half the zone decoding properly. I'll try and get the exact message.