PDA

View Full Version : Spell Timers

lildr00d
04-16-2002, 12:07 AM
I've noticed a few spells in the spell timer window that are set to Zero durration. Is spelltimes.h the file I need to update for these spells. Example Shield of Blades is listed as Durration of 0 but this is a Damage Shield Spell and it Does infact have a durration. Also and Im not sure if its just because they are items casting spells. The Druid BrestPlate that casts Regrowth of the Grove a Regeneration spell also has a durration of 0 in SEQ. Mainly I am asking if anyone else has noticed problems like this and if so or even if not what formula do I use for the durration in spelltimes.h file.

Thanks

Catt
04-16-2002, 01:18 AM
I would venture a guess that:

/* File autogenerated from spdat.eff */

Means that the info was pulled from a file. Maybe spdat.eff?

There are many spells that do not have fixed durations, you would need to take into account the level of the caster, and possibly other factors to calculate the expected duration of the spell. You would need to know the minimum & maximum duration for the spell, the minimum level to cast it, & level at which it reaches maximum duration.

Maybe something like:
if (current.level >= max.level)
{
d = max.duration;
}
else
{
d = max.duration - ((max.level - current.level) * ((max.duration - min.duration) / (max.level - min.level)));
}

I doubt this info is in spdat.eff, so it would have to be culled by hand from various sources, verified, and coded.

I have updated a few spells to have a duration, with fixed values, which may be correct for my toon's level but not for yours, so I have not submitted any of these changes.

lildr00d
04-16-2002, 03:02 PM
My feelings exactly. However if you open spdat.eff or spells.eff you will notice as I did that they look nothing like the spelltimes.h files. There may be some conversion file needed for this.

Hopefully a developer has this or some idea on how to update/fix this from the .eff files.

lildr00d
04-22-2002, 01:07 PM
**BUMP**

Still no info on how to fix this?

Cryonic
04-22-2002, 01:44 PM
The great thing about Open Source, you can get in and muck with it yourself. Let us know how your fix is coming along.