PDA

View Full Version : Compile Seg fault. Possible cause?

zero
04-18-2002, 11:10 AM
Afternoon fellows,

I've used SEQ for some time now (on 7.0 with SEQ3). I quit EQ a few months ago and reinstalled my server with RH7.2
Since my reinstall, I've followed instructions here and I *always* get a seg fault during the compile. The only thing that has changed on my server is that I have /usr mounted on a separate IDE drive from /. I've ruled out having bad memory modules; they're all fine.

So, considering that fact that my IDE drives are too small to get everything I need on one drive, I went with 2. My supposition is that the seg faulting may be a result of how I have the filesystem. I've tried putting the /usr drive on the same, and the alternate IDE bus. Same result either way.
Has anyone else seen anything like this, or know a possible workaround? Are there any tweaks that can make using 2 separate IDE drives not cause a problem under heavy load? Is anyone else running their system this way without problems?

Specs:

AMD K6 233
128MB RAM
Voodoo3 3000
1 3GB drive
1 2GB drive (unsure of the tranfer modes on either, being at work atm)
Red Hat 7.2. I have all the proper RPMs installed (g++3, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

sumyung
04-18-2002, 11:43 AM
I'm having this problem too. i seg fault while compiling qt2.3.2. I have installed rh7.2 with seq4 on this very same machine before. i formatted, put windows on for a time(big mistake). now when trying to put it all back on i seg fault on the compile.

kernel/qcolor_x11.cpp: In static member function 'static void
QColor::destroAllocContext(int)':
kernel/qcolor_x11.cpp:689: Internal error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate

that's the only error message i can find.

Please post a possible solution

zero
04-22-2002, 09:55 AM
Help!
\cry