PDA

View Full Version : New Linux 7.2/SEQ 4.01 Install - Maps Don't Load Automatically

7Dust
04-18-2002, 11:38 AM
I just completed a new install of Red Hat Linux 7.2 and SEQ 4.01 (I think thats the version...whatever the newest available one is). Everything works fine 'cept one prob...the maps do not load automatically. I never had this problem with my old Linux/SEQ box. I poured over the showeq.conf file but can't seem to find anything in there that could be the root of my problem...maybe I'm missing it.

I also ran a search here and didnt come up with any similar threads other than one where someone mentioned dropping the datarate (I run mine at 9...but I find it odd that this could be the prob since I've always run it at this rate and my old linux/seq box never had a prob).

Any other ideas? Is there a command I can run to force the maps to load automatically? Its not the end of the world if I gotta load em manually, but when running several EQ machines at the same time, it can be a PITA. TIA for any help and feel free to flame away, just gimme an answer after. =P

Cryonic
04-18-2002, 12:01 PM
And the crystal ball says:

"All is foggy, need more info"

Are the maps in the share folder for SEQ?

Is SEQ decoding the zone and just not loading the map?

Is SEQ just showing a bunch of grey dots?

Is SEQ showing anything at all when you zone?

What does the terminal output show when you zone?

Is the packet counter increasing (is SEQ even seeing the traffic from the EQ machine)?

etc... These questions and more help us to help you.

7Dust
04-18-2002, 12:11 PM
>Are the maps in the share folder for SEQ?

Yes

>Is SEQ decoding the zone and just not loading the map?

Yes

>Is SEQ just showing a bunch of grey dots?

No, its decrypting everything...spawns, other person, corpses, my location. It works 100% fine...I just have to load the map manually.

>Is SEQ showing anything at all when you zone?

Yeah, runs fine.

>What does the terminal output show when you zone?

Hrmmm...terminal output. Okay, now I feel like a newb. Not sure what info you're asking for here. Stuff in the terminal window when I zone? What specifically are you looking for?

>Is the packet counter increasing (is SEQ even seeing the traffic from the EQ machine)?

Yes...packet sniffing is fine. I can sniff packets to all EQ machines even.

Cryonic
04-18-2002, 02:17 PM
I'm guessing then that you set up a gui icon to click for SEQ. Try opening it from a terminal window (Windows Lingo: DOS Window).

7Dust
04-18-2002, 03:12 PM
My bad if I gave any impression otherwise...I do run it from the terminal window. I just wasnt sure what data you were interested in when I zone...there's quite a bit. I'll fire it up here in a bit and see what I can get and post it here.

Cryonic
04-18-2002, 05:38 PM
When you zone it should spit out information as to what zone you are going into.

showeq | tee /tmp/showeq.log

example:

Zone: ChangeCode: Client, Zone: feerrott^[[0;0m
Loaded map: '/usr/local/share/showeq/Feerrott.map'
Clearing spawn information.
Money: Update^[[0;0m
Loading, Please Wait... (Zone: 'feerrott')
Zone: ChangeCode: Server, Zone:feerrott^[[0;0m
Zone: Zoning, Please Wait... (Zone: 'feerrott')^[[0;0m
Loading Filter File: /usr/local/share/showeq/filters_feerrott.conf
Loaded map: '/usr/local/share/showeq/Feerrott.map'
Clearing spawn information.
Building new pcap filter: EQ Client 10.0.0.8, Zone Server port 4643
Reseting sequence cache

7Dust
04-18-2002, 08:09 PM
I get an error message when attempting to load the map.

Hrmmm...I just noticed. My maps are in the /usr/local/share folder...are they supposed to be in /usr/local/share/showeq folder instead? Heh, I cant remember.

Cryonic
04-18-2002, 08:32 PM
They should be in the same folder as the conf file. the install command should put them in the right place (make install). looks like in your case you put them in the wrong folder and so they aren't where SEQ is looking for them.

7Dust
04-19-2002, 07:43 AM
Well, that appears to be the case. Very odd...I followed the install instructions to a T but the maps were in the /usr/local/share folder, not the showeq folder. *sigh* At least I figured it out...thanks for the help.

fryfrog
04-19-2002, 09:29 AM
that is very odd, as "make install" should put them in the right place... unless you manually installed it after you "make" 'd it :)