PDA

View Full Version : SEQ Stopped working after EQmain.dll

Derision
04-19-2002, 01:19 AM
SEQ has been working fine for me for the past year or so thanks to the great developers that keep on top of the changes when patches occur but for some reason after I logged on the other night and EQ downloaded a new eqmain.dll SEQ gets a fatal error every time I log in or zone. it seems the zone loading causes the crash because if I start SEQ after I have already zoned it works correctly, just that the dots are all grey because it is not decoding. I have tried updating from the cvs, deleting the eqmain.dll and letting it download it again, still nothing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I don't see any other posts about this so I am assuming that this is osmthing that just I am experiencing. Thanks in advance. Oh BTW this is the only thing that is showing up at the terminal window when I try to zone:

Building new pcap filter: EQ Client 192.168.0.4, Zone Server Port 1271
Clearing Cache: Count 0
Reseting sequence cache

that just repeats over and over about 6-7 times then fatal error
Thanks

LordCrush
04-23-2002, 08:10 AM
Hi,

first to debug plz delete / rename / move away your current CVS and make a fresh and clean download. Rename your current /usr/local/share/showeq and your /usr/local/bin/showeq binary.

Compile the new CVS-Download and do a make install, and configure the NEW showeq.conf.dist.

Try wether it works. Then you can import your old showeq.conf settings, filterfiles and maps from the old directory

Regards

- Lord Crush